“Mexican dinner in Salt Lake”

El Chanate Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Snowbird
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Yes! The chef knows what he's doing! Awesome shrimp apps followed by authentic chicken mole and tender pork marinated in spices.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

My wife and I were staying at the Snowbird resort for a couple of days of R&R. For lunch on the day of the solar eclipse we decided to eat at El Chanate, we could sit on the dining patio and perhaps see some of the eclipse. We were the first ones there when it opened and they treated us like family. We had no eclipse glasses, no problem, they let us use theirs!! And then there was the food. I had the carne asada quesadilla, my wife the carne asada tacos. The meat was so tender and delicious that we had to come back the next day for more. The quesadilla was also full of wonderful tasting melted cheese, they put the queso back in quesadilla!! I highly recommend this restaurant. Tasty food and the best most friendly staff make this restaurant un-eclipsed!

Reviewed 8 September 2017

I had lunch here yesterday on the terrace -- I had a chicken burrito that was very good -- very spicy (which I like). Prices are reasonable and wait staff were very friendly. I am staying here for a few days and I will likely eat here again.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

At Snowbird for a conference and El Chanate was recommended for a beer. Has a nice patio. Beer selection includes a nice selection of Utah craft beers. The menu includes some gluten free options. Standard Mexican choices, which based on the burrito, quesadia and tacos we had, it's all good. Stand out was our server who was superb. Prices were reasonable. Recommended.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We've already been twice during our week long stay at the Cliff. Enjoyable dinner at the bar. Food is good, casual and no waiting!! I'm sure we will stop in again