“Good food and so friendly”
Review of Copper Kettle

Copper Kettle
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Wendover
Reviewed 18 February 2017

When we ended up in Wendover Utah, we quickly realized that most of the restaurants were on the Nevada side. Being tired, we wandered across the street from our motel to Copper Kettle. What a nice surprise.

From the name, I never guess it served Mexican and American food. There were some local folks eating at the small bar and groups came in through the evening. Some I thought were industrial workers in the area. Loved watching their big appetites work through the menu! Everything looked so good.

I had soup of the day, which was potato. It was very good. I love soup and always get it if it is homemade (as this was). I was slightly jealous, though, of the big salads the fellows at the next table ordered - lots of extra veggies like grape tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, etc.

Next I had the hamburger steak. It was heavenly comfort food. A nice, big, thick hand formed patty grilled. Then it was smothered in gravy with onions and mushrooms. Freshly sauteed veggies were on the side. Mashed potatoes were good (though I am not really a mash kind of person - they exist to hold gravy, to me!).

My husband had the steak and enchiladas - a carne asada type steak and cheese enchiladas in a red sauce. I didn't expect this to be so good - Utah is not where I expect good chile. Yum.

This is not a fancy place. But, the service is excellent - they treat everyone like a favored local. The food is just well prepared food with good ingredients. You can't go wrong (or at least, I couldn't).

3  Thank Rita B

Reviewed 23 November 2016

This is a great stop for a family-owned diner. Good selection of food, and fast service. Would stop here again.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

Coverted fast food joint to a very nice restaurant. Little confusion as to where you are supposed to park. Clean. Quiet. Good service. Good location. I had fried chicken, soup, steamed vegetables & REAL mashed potatoes with gravy. Souse had steak fajitas, refried beans, rice & salasa. All was very good. Great waitress.

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Had dinner with my son here. Had a hard time locating it, even with google maps. At our visit on 8-31-16, the outside sign consisted of a small banner in the window only visible from a few feet away. Don't let that drive you away. The staff, though mostly Spanish speaking, were very friendly and attentive. The meals were reasonably priced and good tasting. I had the salsa verde burrito and my son had the club sandwich. The burrito was very tasty with a well seasoned pork filling. It came with rice and beans. This was authentic Mexican flavor nor your usual Tex mex. looking around at the other tables it appeared all the selections were well received and quite hearty in amount. It's located across the street and one block west of the Best Westrrn Plus motel. Don't pass on this place especially breakfast.

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

Wendover is definitely looking up since our last visit 2 yrs ago. New businesses, a general tidying up. Overall, the town seems more prosperous. Happy to see! The Mexican options at Copper Kettle were competently cooked. Husband's pasta sauce was a bit gluey (an excess of corn starch, I guess). My shrimp fajitas were very good. Large quantity of shrimp. Nice rice, beans, tortillas. The breakfast menu looked good (and was rated highly by our "neighbor" at the races), but we didn't have a chance to eat there this trip.