“Food”
Review of Copper Kettle

Copper Kettle
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Wendover
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Not a lot going on in Wendover. Except casino business.

Cooper Kettle is a local restaurant that provides a quiet place to sit and eat an affordable selection of foods.

I would not define it as a Mexican restaurant since there are only a few items on the menu that are Mexican cuisine.

Food is well prepared and good tasting.

Breakfast lunch and dinner.

No alcohol it's on the Utah side.

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

My steak fajitas were amazing. The portion was so big, and I still almost ate the whole plate. I really enjoyed the chips and salsa they gave as well. The people that were with me got breakfast and were happy with it. Everything is priced great, the portions are big, the food is delicious, and our server was sweet. This is a great cafe!

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Dinners were well prepared! Great food great value, great service! Recommend steak and cheese enchiladas and burgers.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

When we ended up in Wendover Utah, we quickly realized that most of the restaurants were on the Nevada side. Being tired, we wandered across the street from our motel to Copper Kettle. What a nice surprise.

From the name, I never guess it served Mexican and American food. There were some local folks eating at the small bar and groups came in through the evening. Some I thought were industrial workers in the area. Loved watching their big appetites work through the menu! Everything looked so good.

I had soup of the day, which was potato. It was very good. I love soup and always get it if it is homemade (as this was). I was slightly jealous, though, of the big salads the fellows at the next table ordered - lots of extra veggies like grape tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, etc.

Next I had the hamburger steak. It was heavenly comfort food. A nice, big, thick hand formed patty grilled. Then it was smothered in gravy with onions and mushrooms. Freshly sauteed veggies were on the side. Mashed potatoes were good (though I am not really a mash kind of person - they exist to hold gravy, to me!).

My husband had the steak and enchiladas - a carne asada type steak and cheese enchiladas in a red sauce. I didn't expect this to be so good - Utah is not where I expect good chile. Yum.

This is not a fancy place. But, the service is excellent - they treat everyone like a favored local. The food is just well prepared food with good ingredients. You can't go wrong (or at least, I couldn't).

3  Thank Rita B
Reviewed 23 November 2016

This is a great stop for a family-owned diner. Good selection of food, and fast service. Would stop here again.