“Nice menu”

Ladder 1
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Barre
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Beautiful setting in the town's old fire house it also includes a museum
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

This was recommended by the locals in Barre as we were out of towners. It had an extensive menu to select from. They were out of several of the specials even though it was pretty early for dinner so that was odd. That said we did enjoy our choices. The Italian salad had great flavors and my other party enjoyed the lasagna.

Overall I would go back if in town.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

I went here with my daughter the food was delicious. A huge menu to choose from which made it a little difficult to make up our minds, but we were very satisfied with our meal and service was great as well. The place had been decorated for Halloween which made it extra fun.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

Ladder 1 is nothing spectacular. The food was mediocre and we left most of it since it didn't taste that good. We went there at 4:30 for an early dinner and the parking was filled up and had to park a couple of blocks away. Imagine when it's the peak time periods! Overall, I wouldn't eat at Ladder 1 again. They need to review the quality of food and ensure the customer experience is postive.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 7 October 2018

We'd originally tried to visit Ladder 1 on the advice of a local granite company but they were closed on Monday (they are closed Sunday's too...very civilized). This afternoon we were in the Barre area checking out the foliage, which is still not peak but starting to be really nice. So,we stopped in for a late lunch.

The place was fully decorated for Halloween, complete with ghosts seemingly passing thru the windows...see photos...in addition to he firehouse decor. We got seated pretty quickly and our very knowledgeable waitress helped us select beers from their local drafts. She then gave us a few minutes to browse the lengthy menu, and came back for our order. I saw perhaps two dozen choices I'd have liked to try, from appetizers thru full dinners, but I decided on the Reuben with a side of onion rings. My wife chose the taco salad in a Chalupa shell, with Chili.

We both thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The chili tasted really good and nicely spicy in the Taco salad. The corned beef in my Reuben was large and very tasty, with lots of sauerkraut and cheese. My onion rings had lots of onion in a light batter coating, and perfectly cooked.

We'll definitely go back next time we are in that area.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Waitress was nice but not sure if she forgot to put my order in but I never got my meal. There were 5 in our party.

Date of visit: October 2018

Been to Ladder 1? Share your experiences!