“Innovative cuisine”
Review of Pangaea

Pangaea
Reserve with OpenTable
Pangaea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 76 Restaurants in Bennington
Price range: US$7 - US$29
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Pangaea is focused on creating an amazing dining experience using the most locally sourced food possible combined with an atmosphere that is very welcoming. You will be able to find food inspired from around the world here at Pangaea.
Reviewed 27 April 2017

One of the best dining experiences in the area for food. Dining room in funky old storefront with exposed brick for diners only, or you can eat in the lounge (bar) in a different section of the building, with different entrance. Be prepared for a narrow hallway with old wooden doors when you enter the lounge area from the street. The sound from the bar doesn't disturb the dining room. Server was polite and knowledgeable. I've had dinners for two and party dinners in the dining room. I've also had drinks and hors d'ouevres (appetizers) in the lounge. I've never been disappointed, but I don't go often because it's expensive for this area, where I live year-round.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Amazing little place with very unique and reasonably priced food. Service was wonderful. The quality of the food was superb. I highly recommend!

2  Thank Susan H
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

My wife and I, along with our daughter and son in law, enjoyed dinner here on 10/29/16. A beautifully kept old building that years ago was a mercantile structure carrying a variety of things needed by town folk. Original tin ceilings and acoustics that facilitated conversation.

Lani was our greeter and server, thoroughly professional but with a gentle, pleasant personality. Food meticulously prepared and delicious, not your run of the mill "wanna be gourmet" restaurant. I had a fall off the bone breast of veal on a potato puff infused with thyme, a great bottle of wine, all preceded by a signature straight up vodka martini constructed by Lani.

Desserts were drop dead decadent as well.

A wonderful evening. Luckily our daughter and family live there which promises a return.

1  Thank 290JohnT290
Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

Expertly prepared, beautifully presented delicious food in a lovely and charming setting. Attentive and informative service. Nick (the owner) was our chef and Lani (his wife) our server. These folks know how to do fine dining. Starters, salad, entrees, coffee and desserts each perfect. Not inexpensive but not exorbitant either. In fact worth every penny. A delightful dining experience indeed.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

Came there for dinner after a long trip. We enjoyed a well prepared, original dinner all on vegetarian basis.
The wine was excellent, the service friendly and attentive.
I can only recommend this place.