“What is this restaurant doing in the middle of nowhere?”
Review of Pangaea

Pangaea
Ranked #13 of 75 Restaurants in Bennington
Price range: US$7 - US$29
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Pangaea is focused on creating an amazing dining experience using the most locally sourced food possible combined with an atmosphere that is very welcoming. You will be able to find food inspired from around the world here at Pangaea.
Reviewed 14 June 2017

We went to Pangaea Lounge for my birthday. I love this restaurant. It never fails on it's quality, creativity, and price. Our latest visit was no exception. In fact I think it even exceed my expectations.

I ordered a 1/2 beet salad and a full order of fish tacos. My husband ordered a BBQ burger and a Caesar salad. My salad was so delicious. If you like beets in your salad, you're going to love this one. Beets, creamy cheese, walnuts, and tender greens make a delicious salad. I could have eaten that and left quite happy. The fish tacos were seasoned with a Cajun taste. It wasn't overpowering. Just enough to make it delicious. What amazed me were the homemade tortillas. I eat fish tacos often because it's one of my favorite dishes. Never before had I experienced a homemade tortilla. They were soft and really delicious. It made the whole dish. My husband really enjoyed his burger and salad. He's not a big fan of anchovies in his salad. I love anchovies. it's rare these days to find a restaurant that uses real anchovies in a Caesar salad.
The restaurant is a very pleasant and enjoyable place to eat. We ate indoors on this visit. Consider the back patio when you come to dine. It makes you feel like you are in a world away.. a vacation from the mundane. The cost of eating our meal with sodas was about $50.

I highly recommend this restaurant. It's one of my favorites.

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

This is a small place with fantastic food and service. We all enjoyed our meals and tried something new. Highly recommend

Reviewed 27 April 2017

One of the best dining experiences in the area for food. Dining room in funky old storefront with exposed brick for diners only, or you can eat in the lounge (bar) in a different section of the building, with different entrance. Be prepared for a narrow hallway with old wooden doors when you enter the lounge area from the street. The sound from the bar doesn't disturb the dining room. Server was polite and knowledgeable. I've had dinners for two and party dinners in the dining room. I've also had drinks and hors d'ouevres (appetizers) in the lounge. I've never been disappointed, but I don't go often because it's expensive for this area, where I live year-round.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Amazing little place with very unique and reasonably priced food. Service was wonderful. The quality of the food was superb. I highly recommend!

2  Thank Susan H
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

My wife and I, along with our daughter and son in law, enjoyed dinner here on 10/29/16. A beautifully kept old building that years ago was a mercantile structure carrying a variety of things needed by town folk. Original tin ceilings and acoustics that facilitated conversation.

Lani was our greeter and server, thoroughly professional but with a gentle, pleasant personality. Food meticulously prepared and delicious, not your run of the mill "wanna be gourmet" restaurant. I had a fall off the bone breast of veal on a potato puff infused with thyme, a great bottle of wine, all preceded by a signature straight up vodka martini constructed by Lani.

Desserts were drop dead decadent as well.

A wonderful evening. Luckily our daughter and family live there which promises a return.

1  Thank 290JohnT290