“Dinner with the in-laws”

The Lake House Pub & Grille
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Bomoseen
Price range: US$13 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Thanks for another terrific season on the shores of Lake Bomoseen! See you next May when we reopen for another fun-filled summer of music, food & drinks!
Reviewed 2 July 2017

We went out yesterday (July 1st) to this place, which we've driven past for years and never gone to, figured it was time.

At around 6:30, it was busy but there was plenty of seating available, we were seated by the window which had a beautiful view, even in the rain. You can park your boat right at the dock and walk up, but we drove, so we parked in the lot outside :)

The waitress was perfect (Caitlyn? Clarissa? I'm terrible with names), got us our beers and pepsi products right away. We had originally shyed away from going here because of the prices of the entrees ($20-$30) but if you wanted to get a burger or a sandwich, its more like $12-$18, and the food was amazing, totally worth it. We probably could have found a cheaper place, but theres no way the beer selection would be as good (something like 14 craft beers on tap) or the view would be as good, or the food would be as rich and tasty. Perfect special occasion place.

Both guys got the NY steak (my husband has a gluten intolerance, and there were tons of options on the menu to choose from for him) and loved it, mother in law got the lobster mac and cheese ($29) which had an entire lobster worth of meat in it, I'm not even kidding you. It was Saturday, and on Friday-Saturday they have prime rib ($27) so I had that and it was some of the best prime rib I've ever had, cooked perfectly. The soup of the day was lobster bisque, which, again, had huge chunks of lobster in it. They're not "cheap", but they don't skimp on anything.

I struggle to find anything I didn't like about this place, four entrees, a bisque, three beers, and soft drinks set us back $120, with tip. I guess if I was going to go there with a date, the paper napkins were a little tacky, but seriously, that's all I can come up with to complain about, and I'm kind of a professional complainer. I'll make my husband take me here next time we're in town for sure.

Management response:Responded 14 July 2017

Kimberly!
Thank you very much for your review. Everyone works so hard here and it is a review like this that keeps them all going,
Many thanks,
Aimee

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

We received take out from here. They called to cancel my reservation bc they had a bigger party coming at the same time. Still wanted to try the food. Ordered a chick Caesar wrap but received a chicken Caesar salad. It was drenched in dressing and soggy otherwise I would have eaten it. Would definitely like to go back and give it another try next visit.

Management response:Responded 14 July 2017

Hello Tumblelover T

Thank you for the feedback. I am not sure why someone would of called you to cancel a reservation. That is a first for me as well.
Regardless, you still came and I appreciate that.
Please email me at dining@lakehousepubandgrill.com. I would love to have you back to give us another try from beginning to end.

Best,
Aimee

Reviewed 3 June 2017

The Lakehouse has been completely transformed. I love the burgers, cornbeef (on St. Patrick's day), wings, and everything else! The menu has been updated to delicious and affordable fare. Stop at the Lake House! Beautiful dining experience and GREAT food!

Management response:Responded 12 June 2017

Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

We came in with a big group for a dinner celebration and we had a table right up against the windows! The food was delicious, definitely recommend any seafood. Good local selection of beers too. Wait staff was really nice, and had a great kids menu too. It was raining otherwise we would've been outside...the dock seating looked amazing! We'll definitely be back!!

Management response:Responded 12 June 2017

Mother Nature has been on our side this week!
Stop in again, and see what the famous docks are all about. The sunsets are just now getting to the point where you just have to drop everything to take a few pictures.
Live music Thursday through Sunday as well!
Thanks again Mike B!

Reviewed 24 May 2017

My wife and I stopped in for dinner on a Sunday night. She had a martini ($12) while I had a good local draft beer ($6). My wife ordered an appetizer Mussel dish as her entree, which was a failed attempt at culinary creativity. The black beans completely obliterated the flavor of the delicate mussels, while a generous squeeze of lime juice further altered the broth to a non-seafood mexican type stew, a sorry mess, given that the accompanying bread was excellent but useless for the usual dunking in mussel broth. While the mussels were ample and fresh, the overwhelming bean and lime flavors again masked any of the salty delicacy of their natural flavors. We then split a Caesar's salad ($12) which came with at least a dozen anchovies, again, overwhelming the salad itself. I had the Faroe Island Salmon entree which was fresh and well-cooked, with a modest portion served over a bed of mesclun greens. The total for the meal was $88, an expensive repast for what turned out to be a light dinner.

Hi Lucapanevino,
Thank you for your feedback. We have just changed over to a new menu and new recipes. We rely on people to tell us when something is just not right. It gives us the opportunity to tweak, improve and continue to please.
I have talked with our chef's about the mussels and the Caesar salad, and have corrected the issues.
Thank you again!