Latchis Hotel
US$135
US$131
Agoda.com
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsart decomovie theatermain streetmountain viewdowntown brattleborocontinental breakfastterrazzo floorsco opstreet noiseconnecticut riverboutique hoteloriginal fixturesstep back in timethe silver screen roomgreat downtown locationcookie cutterbathroom fixtures
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I had been at a very poor motel and was unhappy. We got the last room at the Latchis and when they found out it was my birthday they gave me a discount and made sure I was happy. The room was one not yet renovated but you wouldn't know. It was so nice and clean. I loved the sitting room and the view was amazing. They recommended great places to eat in Brattleboro and if we were there longer we could have gone to a movie in the attached theater. Bottom line it was a cool old hotel that was very clean with amazing staff. Thanks Latchis!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Jonathan J, General Manager at Latchis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

The entire staff wishes you happy birthday and we are so glad you were able to spend it at the Latchis Hotel.

Looking forward to your return.

Cheers,
Jonathan W. Jensen

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We loved our stay at the Latchis Hotel! Friendly staff, beautiful views, and nice rooms. Definitely worth the price for a mountain view room, and within walking distance of all downtown Brattleboro! The Latchis also has a great ambience and history that can't be replicated.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
LatchisHotelGM, General Manager at Latchis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return visit.

Jonathan W. Jensen
GM, Latchis Hotel

Reviewed 5 September 2017

This came recommended by my cousin (whose wedding we attended). Stayed with my sister and young niece.
A cool vibe - the place is simply appointed but well put together. Though, it's certainly old, it is clean and clearly loved.
We had an inner room and requested a rollaway for my niece - and though it wasn't in the room when we got there, a phone call to the desk and it appeared within minutes.
Room was very clean - linens, fridge, fresh new towels everyday. The only slight complaint was the fixtures in the bathroom sink had a near constant drip, but I know that they are working on fixing and refurbishing to keep the vintage look.
The room was very quiet, really couldn't hear other guests in neighboring room or hall way. TV & remote worked perfectly.
The breakfast area was clean, and complimentary breakfast was substantial, with many choices - bagels, muffins, bread, cereal, yogurt. I would say my only disappointment was the lack of fresh fruit (bananas, oranges or local apples, etc.) and the amount of prepackaged items in plastic - the butter, jelly, cereal, half/half, etc. I understand the practical reasons for this, but the amount of plastic I threw out everyday was alarming! I wish maybe the tables were for more that two people each (maybe just a couple of extra chairs) - the three of us took up two tables that someone else could have used.
One other small complaint from my 8 year old niece - she wished Paris was around a little more. She met her went we checked in and was obsessed with seeing her the rest of the weekend - alas, Paris was out celebrating Labor Day in her own way! :-)
Brattleboro is a very walkable town and we spent our rainy "free" day doing several things right in town. We picked up rain ponchos at Sam's across the street and visited Twice Upon a Time, the Art Museum, and the Tiny House Festival and had dinner at Echo.
Overall we completely enjoyed our stay! It's a terrific value for a center-of-town, vintage, boutique hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Jonathan J, General Manager at Latchis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thank you for your great review and we are so glad your family had a good time. We hope that you will choose to join us again.
I agree that more eco-friendly condiment containers would be ideal and we have been looking into this with our foodservice provider. Though no reasonable options are available at this time. I'm sure hotel guests understand that a public breakfast area simply cannot have jars of homemade preserves and peanut butter dipped into by everyone, though a romantic idea. We do try to be as eco-attentive as reasonably possible.
We have had guests choose to bring their favorite toppings and condiments with them when they visit or choose to use what they have purchased locally. We will never be offended by that.

Cheers

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We really liked this place and would definitely stay there again. It is NOT a five star resort, but it is a funky mix of old and new. Beds were comfortable, hosts Very friendly. If you are looking to stay in a cookie cutter type of chain hotel this is NOT for you, but if you are looking for a Cool, dare I say Hip place to stay this is it. You can easily walk to all the cool Breweries. Only weird thing was that they were washing the windows pretty early in the morning , they must get an eyeful. I would probably change that to the afternoon and let guests know when someone will be hanging out, outside your window.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank GentleBendustypaws
Reviewed 3 August 2017

We recently visited the Latchis Hotel in Brattleboro. The hotel's website claims "The Latchis Hotel stands tall on a vibrant corner of downtown Brattleboro near the edge of the Connecticut River. Our historic Art Deco rooms and theatres are living monuments to America’s golden age. Shimmering with history, The Latchis is now a gateway to modern Brattleboro, Vermont: farm fresh food, locally made goods, welcoming people, and an invigorating art and culture scene are just a few of the wonders you’ll encounter right outside the double doors of our Brattleboro, VT hotel."
This is a pretty accurate description! You can park your car and walk to the best restaurants, theater and shops in town and never have to drive. The location is fabulous! You can also take in the history of the hotel and theater! We loved the original fixtures in the bathrooms and the history displayed throughout the property. The music in the parking lot was a bonus! The only drawback was that we got the lowest priced room and we were disappointed and in hindsight I should have asked to upgrade. The rooms with a mountain and street view are really worth the extra money. The front desk employees were really quite friendly and helpful in suggesting restaurants, etc. It was a great visit!

Room Tip: Choose a street or mountain view room, not an interior room! You won't be sorry!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple