“Service slower than a glacier :-(”
Review of Fireworks - CLOSED

Fireworks
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

Our first visit here, and, sadly, our last. Surprising to say, because the burger may well be the best in town. But the service isn't just slow, it's barely detectable. It wasn't busy, but the spread of delivery for six meals was over 10 minutes- and bizarrely the last plates a salad.

Two of the meals came with named ingredients missing, and the ordered truffle fries were not sent out. They were replaced, in fairness, but only as we finished the main meals.

It has to be said that the defective meals were removed from the check- without requiring a fight, and desserts were free all round.
But I would rather have paid full price and had it right, and timely.

1  Thank euroboyLuxembourg

Reviewed 30 October 2016

Met family here half way between our homes in MA and NH for a casual Friday evening meal / family meeting. We were all pleased with the experience. Reservations promptly honored, and we were honored with a large, private booth, yet near the kitchen and all the action.

Beer selection and craft cocktails impressive. My Blood Orange Margarita was outstanding. Two of us had the spaghetti marinara, one had the burger (who orders a burger in a casual Italian restaurant - apparently my son-in-law does - he pronounced it as excellent), and one order of the evening fresh, local-foraged Gnocchi special.

No complaints; highly recommended.

Reviewed 30 October 2016

My husband and I arrived at Fireworks before 8pm on a Wednesday night very hungry. We ordered hamburgers medium (pink in middle) and a beer for him and hot tea for me as we figured that would be a fast, easy way to satisfy our hunger. Not so! The waitress took forever to bring the beer and by the time I got the hot tea it wasn't so hot. The place was not that busy, many tables open and empty so we didn't understand why we waited and waited and waited. After 8:30 my husband flagged the waitress down and asked what the holdup was. She said the chefs were grilling steaks and would get to our order very shortly. Okay. Really? Nope, not so! It was another half hour, 9pm by the time we got our hamburgers! They were over cooked but we ate them as there was no where in town left to go at that late hour. The waitress offered a meek apology, said they had a lot of orders for steak that night and there wasn't enough room on the grill for our order. Huh?! Why didn't she tell us that to begin with??Fireworks needs to buy a bigger grill or take some items such as hamburgers off the menu as obviously steaks get priority no matter what and only when the grill is empty of steaks do hamburgers go on. I would never go back, ever!

Reviewed 20 October 2016

Friendly staff, good food, good service. They have another location in Keene, New Hampshire on Main Street.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

The walk down Main Street is interesting. Loved the talking crosswalk signals. Fireworks was crowded and service was a bit slow. The menu was fascinating, but would pose problems for a picky eater. We enjoyed the feta bake for two and calamares. I was very happy with the sopa limon which had chicken, but was dominated by cilantro. My husband liked his ravioli.