All reviewswaffleswith flat screen tvwalking distanceroad tripsupermarketmicrowavevermontmaintenance
Reviewed 28 June 2017

I can only assume the disgusting odor of this room was caused by it being a smoking room at one time? I Gagged walking into it. We had to leave the door open and when I opened the window there was no screen! We bought Febreeze and room scents to make it bearable. I wore shoes my entire time there because the place was so gross. The bathroom was Icky, floor towel stained, cracked floor tiles. For Pros: The AC worked, bed was comfortable. Close parking to the room. The breakfast in the morning was lackluster at best. I would never go back and would not recommend this place to anyone!!!

Room Tip: The parking lot is right outside the door, which has it's pros and cons. A lot of people right outside the hotel room being loud.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
econolodgevt402, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Dear Jaysmartini,

Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. I am so sorry that you smelled smoke in your room and I want to assure you that we do our best to ensure that smokers do not smoke in our non-smoking rooms; and when a situation like this occurs, we address it immediately, thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting to restore the clean smell of our accommodations.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

First impressions were good & staff was pleasant but it's the little things that added up. I reserved a NO smoking room & the smell of smoke & mustiness hit me when I opened my room door. Opened all the windows & it seemed to help. Back window looked like someone threw grease on it & was sticky. My room was clean but definitely needed updating. Cigarette butt holder outside near my room was over flowing & never emptied during my 3 nite stay. Also noticed dead plants on windowsills inside swimming pool area. Pluses were easy on / off I-91, walking distance to several eateries / supermarket and pet friendly(with fee).

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Mary R
econolodgevt402, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Dear Mary R,

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Pictures of the hotel looked much better on the internet than in person. We booked a double bed room for one night. Upon entering the hotel room, we noticed immediately that the room had not been cleaned (even though we arrived around 7:30 pm). The bed was undone and there was a weird smell of old cigarette smoke. At least the staff was helpful and got us another room. The second room had a king size bed, which was a bonus. One of the light bulbs was broken but we were ok with it. There is free parking and free WiFi (weak signal in the room). However, the worst part is that there are a lot of sketchy people at the hotel. I don't want to make assumptions but I get the feeling that some of the occupants are "working girls." The one great thing about this hotel is the proximity to the highway (I-91). I will definitely not recommend staying at this hotel. I know I won't again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Thant O
econolodgevt402, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Dear Thant O,

I am very sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced with our internet connection and parking area, We already informed the management about this already as we see this a serious matter. We promise to be more careful soon as we believe that our customer's convenience are at the peak of our interest. We hope you'll return someday to see how we have addressed and improved upon the issues that you have expressed, thanks to your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 22 October 2016

we were glad to use this place as our stopover to the three week house rental destination we had reserved further north. we asked for a quiet room since we traveled with the dog and we got one., the room had a nice, naturally lit bathroom with plenty of towels. the refrig-freezer combo was a good size and the microwave was more than sufficient. the staff was helpful but the a/c worked only sporadically-very annoying when you needed cool for a good night's rest. bed had great pillows and the area to eat or read was good. overall, it wasn't the ritz, but at least it was clean and economical. we only stayed overnight, but we'd probably do it again if needed. having price-chopper next door was great for grabbing cooked food even at a late hour. seemed to be in a safe area. people who cleaned the rooms working around seemed friendlier than front desk management.

Room Tip: ask for rooms in the back for quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
econolodgevt402, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2016

Dear freeatlastjean,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay with us! It is very rewarding to hear from you on this matter and we appreciate that you have acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean, comfortable, and hospitable experience. We are very happy to learn that your stay was so peaceful, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 September 2016

The front desk staff did not get up to greet us at arrival. did not smile or was welcoming in any manner, he was curt and dismissive. The room had broken lampshades, a hole in the curtain, air conditioning that would not stay on long enough to keep the room clean. The bathroom's corners were dirty, the bathroom stall shower had grout that was discolored and walls felt slimy. The bed was very hard and the pillows were stiff and hard as well. We did not get a good night's rest and that was all I had expected, a clean, comfortable room. I will never stay in this hotel again and may change to a different reward program if this is what 'Choice Hotels' offers. Extremely disappointed.

Room Tip: No tips, every room has the same quality bed, so you won't sleep well
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
econolodgevt402, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2016

Dear Joann B,

Thank you for reporting this incident you had in the hotel. We are already making reports about this so the management will be informed by this news. We are very sorry about your
disappointment but rest assured, your concerns will be highly appreciated to better our services to our dear customers. We hope you can consider us again after the experience you had in us. We promise you a better service and a professional staff.