See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 October 2016

Great charm, food is to die for! Stayed in a room from the 1820's with private bath. Horses across the lane. Located on 10 acres with frontage along the West River. Peaceful. Will definitely stay again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2016

Stayed here in June and enjoyed it so much we came back in August, all the way from Long Island. Lovely bucolic setting, extremely nice hosts, lots to see & do nearby (horseback riding, swimming, hiking, scenic drives, and a truly unique petting farm with an affectionate ox named Carlos) and a horse farm next door you might get to visit. Highly recommend for couple, family with kids, friends.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2016

I started coming here almost 30 years ago. Back then it was run by a lovely couple and immediatly fell in love with them, their genuine hospitality, and THIS PLACE. Fast forward to today, new owners Terri and Nick continue this legacy. Warm, people
and dog friendly my inn has lost nothing in this transiston. Clean, comfortable rooms. Terry provides a delicious complimentary hearty breakfast to set the tone of the your day. Treat yourself bring your kids, your dog, even your horse 3 hrs from NYC or CT in the picturesque town of Newfane YOU WILL BE HOOKED TOO.

Room Tip: Puppy Palace - I love having that private entrance!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Terry & Nick are wonderful hosts at this lovely B&B. Not only were our rooms great, but the accommodations for our horses were wonderful too. The stalls are new, large, clean and safe. They also have beautiful outdoor paddocks. This was our second summer visit there and we hope to return.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2016

My wife and I needed wanted a honeymoon that was out of the ordinary - not going to an island or cruise, but instead, a quiet week in New England. A chance to reconnect with nature, enjoy some country style cooking and take a break from the hustle and bustle of NYC.

Here, at the West River Inn, we found just that and more. An incredibly hardworking staff who continuously made our stay feel personalized and relaxing. The Inn is extremely clean - beautiful decor, plenty of land for hiking, late night walks, or just sitting on the porch and drinking hot cocoa late at night.

While there, we visited the Quichee Gorge, some local museums and hiked Black Mountain. We hung out with the farm dogs, had the opportunity to see farm life unclose (horses, pigs, and cows), and enjoy some of the most incredible breakfasts I've ever had!

Most important, it allowed my wife and I to recharge and enjoy each others company!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple