“Last stop!”
Review of Gaku Ramen

Gaku Ramen
Ranked #50 of 249 Restaurants in Burlington
Reviewed 2 November 2018

We stopped in here late after a day of brewery hopping. Started off with the Pork Belly Gaku buns, which I recommend. Next was the Tonkotsu which was a pork based broth that was absolutely delicious. The service was prompt and friendly and the cocktails were on point as well. We already told our friends to stop in here.

1  Thank FrankFrankFrank123

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Market street is closed to traffic. We enjoyed eating outside and people watching as we slurped our noodles. Friendly servers. Clean restrooms. Would be 5 star if more shrimp.

1  Thank ommm77
Reviewed 8 October 2018

We ate there with three of our children. I had the shrimp ramen. The broth was good. The shrimp were cooked perfectly. They had a nice pop when bitten and were not the least bit rubbery. They tasted like they had been fried in oil and pepper before going into the ramen. They had a bit a smoky, almost burnt taste which I found a little odd but not so much that I didn't want to eat them. I got 6 shrimp in my bowl. The ramen noodles were thick and cooked al dente. Everyone enjoyed their dinners. This may be the best deal on Church Street.

1  Thank Skidad2013
Reviewed 2 October 2018

We stopped here for the first time this summer and loved our meals. Very basic menu and good service as well. There was a lot of food as well and the waitress brought more noddles for our dishes.

1  Thank MikeE295
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

I'm starting to be the ramen queen, and this place gets high rankings.
I had a vegetarian ramen, which was delicious with perfect flavor.
Service was wonderful and informative. My waiter immediately brought me a break down to how to understand the cuisine and definition of entrees. I have to say I was asked about hot sauce, boiled egg, which is usually a norm for the ramen but I was not told that I would be nickel and dimed for the items. I added tofu, which is usually in every city no more then $2.00. Here I was charged almost $4.00, 50 cents for hot sauce and almost $2.00 for the boiled egg. My bill totaled $19.25 for a vegetarian ramen with all the additional charges that were either outrageous or should be part of the meal. Not one of these things were told to me upfront by the waiter. I paid in full without disputing the bill as I felt partially responsible for failing to ask but transparency would have been nice. Aside from a very expensive ramen lunch, the setting is great and lunch was amazing.

1  Thank Kattravel50