All reviews the club lounge conference center close to the airport free shuttle indoor pool large hotel shuttle service breakfast buffet nice stay comfortable beds short drive the room was nice the hotel offers easy access convenient location front desk staff common areas
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Wonderful accommodations with accommodating staff.Excellent sleeping ! The room was awesome. Convenient location.Many things available, no reason to leave premises.Ammenties were great. It was a great place to hold a conference.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Tristan H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington Vermont, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Hi SMJ46 -

Thank you for your kind feedback. We try to ensure that our conference attendees are comfortable and have all they need if they choose not to go out and explore Burlington or if they do! We look forward to your next event!

Reviewed 18 August 2018

After staying at this hotel for forty years as a Sheraton , it has now changed hands and all of my privileges I once had are now null and void . I was given a room overlooking a brick wall . No sunlight in my room. No more complimentary breakfasts . The reception on my television is terrible. The water in the swimming pool is murky and we all know what that means . The two Asian ladies who made up my room were very gracious .

Stayed: August 2018
Tristan H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington Vermont, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Greetings glassmanTORONTO -

I want to lead by thanking you for your loyalty for so many years to the property. We genuinely appreciate you and your business. As time goes brands change and with that come new loyalty opportunities. I would encourage you to join the Hilton Honors program. With your property loyalty I am sure you will regain higher tiered statuses again very soon and all the benefits that come with that. I once again do apologize but hope you will continue to join us. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to connect with me any time. I can be reached via email at tristan.harris@hilton.com or via phone at 802.865.6642.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

I stayed at this DoubleTree given a conference I was attending at this hotel, and also was my first trip up to Burlington.

The hotel is located right off the main highway, and although not in downtown Burlington, all one has to do is make a right out of the hotel and take the main road into downtown for a short 5-10 min drive.

I was given a room facing inside, which was not what I selected when I checked in with the app - I had chosen one with outside window view. Not sure why I wasn't given that room but I'm guessing it had to do with a big conference there and me showing up on the last night of the conference.

And because the room was highly visible from the inside (especially to anyone walking to the conference), I had to close the shades which allowed no natural light or even more light to come in. They really need to add more lighting in these rooms facing inward for this reason. When I got into the room, there was actually a comment card from the prior guest who was saying the same thing but housekeeping never picked it up.

The room can use some updating, but it did make a comfortable sleep both in comfortable bed/pillows and limiting noise from the outside from hallways on both ends..

The common areas of the hotel were quite nice. I found quite a few good spots to just settle down in and do work at night while the family was sleeping. And there was a nice indoor pool that my kids took advantage of. The conference area was nice and comfy across two levels, although it was the usual cold temperatures you'd expect at a conference.

Staff were friendly throughout from anyone we encountered.. If I were to visit Burlington again for pleasure or business (non-conference) than I'd probably look to stay in one of the hotels downtown.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Tristan H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington Vermont, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Greetings Peter T -

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you found the room dark and that having to keep the shade shut only exacerbated that problem. This is something we can work on addressing. I am glad that you found our team to be friendly and helpful throughout your stay. This is really the key to our success. I do hope you reconsider and if your journeys bring you to Burlington for pleasure that you would consider staying with us. If I can be of assistance please let me know!

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Nice place for both families and for business travelers. This is a large hotel with an indoor pool that is sure to be a hit with families all year round. My room did not face the pool so I wasn't bothered by the noise of kids. It looks like they have a good mix of family rooms and rooms that are good for those seeking sleep.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Greetings Keith H -

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are pleased you enjoyed your time with us. You are correct that our hotel allows for any type of trip persona to have a great experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon with a smile and a warm chocolate chip walnut cookie!

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Enjoyed the location, and accommodations, great spot for a conference. Attended VCIA annual meeting, also part of UVM.

Clean, food is good, excellent fitness center. Pool is clean and enjoyable, staff friendly and helpful.

Greetings Beachman6488 -

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. We are honored each year to host the VCIA event and each strive to reset the bar for expectations for the event. I hope we will see you again next August if not beofre!