“Service, food, and ambiance all excellent”
Review of Trattoria Delia

Trattoria Delia
Ranked #11 of 249 Restaurants in Burlington
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We thoroughly enjoyed our fifth visit to Trattoria Delia, our first since new owners took over a year or so ago. We were not disappointed! As always, we found the European-like setting conducive to intimate yet animated conversation over wine. Our party of 4 started with a simple appetizer of seasoned green olives and fresh bread. (I very, very rarely eat restaurant bread, but this was impossible to pass up: The texture and taste were what one should expect from a fine Italian ristorante--crusty on the outside and melt-in-your-mouth lightness on the inside.) For entrees, our party had the Pasta all’Amatriciana (very good), and Tagliatelle al Ragù (also very good), lasagne (ok), and local Vermont rabbit (tasty though a little dry) with braised potatoes, carrots, and broccoli rabe with an exquisitely light yet pungent pesto.We will be back!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 2 November 2018

The vodka martini's at $13.50 each were not a great start. At that price, they should be served in a proper martini glass but that is a minor detail. The drinks were good. I had the acuua pazza, a seafood fish dish. At $28, it was decent. My wife had the veal ragu, a special offering at $26. What a surprise when it came out. My first reaction was, boy does that look like slop. It was very rich and very lacking in veal. Perhaps my JuniorScope microscope wsould have been used to identify the veal. BTW, if you Google image veal ragu, you can see what the veal ragu should look like. Service by Nkki was fine. How about parking? Terrible, especially in the rain.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 23 October 2018

my sister and niece were visiting me from SC and I made reservations at the Trat for 6 p.m. last Saturday--it was a wonderful way to kick off of our vacation together. The dining room is comfortable and I loved sitting near the fireplace. Our server was attentive to every detail and the ambiance here is part of the experience. The owner of the restaurant even came by to see if everything was good and that always means alot to see that they take pride in what they do. The food was literally out of this world. I had the salmon and my family had pasta dishes. Everything was cooked perfectly and I felt like I was in a trattoria in Italy everything was so delicious and authentic. And do not dare leave without trying the calamari app and finish up with the tiramisu. This is the place to go if you want to be 110% sure you are going to have a memorable dining experience that is worth every single penny.

2  Thank 657buddha
Reviewed 20 October 2018

My fish stew, I forgot the French name, was so delicious that I couldn't stop sopping up the broth with bread. My friend's pasta with tomatoes was also delicious. The new owner has made the lighting brighter so the menus are now readable.

1  Thank Linda L
Reviewed 16 October 2018

We had dinner reservations at Trattoria Delia one night during a recent trip to Burlington. We arrived early to find our table waiting for us, and were promptly seated. We ordered a bottle of wine and fresh-baked bread was promptly brought to our table. The place was fairly packed but the service was still efficient.

For an appetizer we had the Antipastone platter--artisanal salumi and cheeses, eggplant caponata, bruschette, house-cured vegetables and crostini. It was so huge that we shared it with the table next to us.

For dinner I ordered the Pasta alla Parmigiana--imported rigatoni, house-made meatballs, fennel sausage, eggplant parmigiana, tomato basil sauce, fresh mozzarella--which I thoroughly enjoyed. My partner ordered one of the dinner specials that they had going that night, which she enjoyed as well.

The place was a little difficult to find as there was a lot of construction on the street that the restaurant is on, but it was well worth the effort. It was a delightful dining experience and we will definitely be going back the next time that we are in Burlington..

1  Thank RealHungryMann