“Dim Sum”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between St. Paul and Pine
Reviewed 21 November 2017

An alternative to Sunday brunch, Dim Sum at the Single Pebble is a nice change of pace. Dishes are varied and delicious, with time between for conversation and tea, lots of tea. I realize how labor intensive the prep must be, but I cut back one star because the offerings were sometimes a bit cold. All in all though, a fun lunch.

1  Thank mikefaber

Reviewed 20 November 2017

After having had many meals at A Single Pebble over the past number of years, we were disappointed when we last visited and had the vegetarian tasting menu. This time, however, we were wowed by the regular tasting menu. Great variety and mix of dishes, wonderful flavours, and just the right size portions of everything. All served efficiently (if not too quickly) and with panache in a beautiful restaurant.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Everyone in Burlington had been telling me to try the mock eel at Single Pebble. The name did not sound appetizing - mushrooms cooked to taste like eel - but I decided to try it anyway. It was the best thing I have ever eaten. It was reallly good. We ordered a couple of small dishes - the mock eel (amazing); the pressed tofu (good); the veggie dumplings (poor); and the munk fish (which was good)

The service was --- alright. The hostess and the additional wait staff were very nice while our main waitress was not nice at all

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Very very good food. One of the best ever for me. I would definitely recommend this restaurant If you like Chinese don't miss the opportunity to eat here. They serve lunch then close but reopen at 5pm for dinner.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

This was an incredible eating experience! I recommend calling for a reservation as when we arrived at 5:00 they were already booked until 9. We decided to shop and play mini golf, then returned at 9. SO worth the wait! Every dish, from the curry noodle soup to the Tangerine chicken was absolutely scrumptious. The only downside is that now I have this to compare others by and I do not live in the Burlington area so all other restaurants I know of fall short now. Kinda like when we had French Onion Soup in Paris, we still like it, but all others are inferior to that experience.