1,205 results
All reviews restaurant next door cookies and milk lighthouse restaurant the breakfast area off the highway hot tub wonderful stay the hotel is clean complimentary breakfast front desk staff close to downtown waffles convenient location staff was friendly would stay here again indoor pool parking lot
Reviewed 16 August 2018

I stayed here 2 nights for a work trip. It's a large Hampton, sort of confusing layout. Staff were very friendly. The breakfast was fine, but the hot options seemed to be fewer than other locations I've stayed at. Room was pretty clean, bed and bedding were comfortable, and the temperature was easy to adjust. Nice to have an in-room mini fridge. Drawbacks: For some reason, my room smelled faintly of cigarette smoke after my first night there. No idea why or how it got in. Also, the free internet was almost unusable because it was so slow in the evening, which was bad when I was trying to wrap up my work. Not sure how the paid internet was, as I gave up.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2018

The location would be fine except it shares a street with a large bowling alley /amusement center AND an extremely busy Costco. If you have to be at business meetings in Burlington or elsewhere, good luck getting off Lower Mtn Road in less than 10-15 minutes.

The main elevator was out of order for 3 of the 4 days we were there- very inconvenient for my sore hip since most parking is behind the hotel on level one and our room was on level three. A request for an explanation was met with, "we don't know."

Hampton Inn makes a good effort to hide the fact that they except dogs here. Some BIG ones. Of course, we were woken up by loud barking the first night at 4:30 AM, and then every 20-30 minutes for the next hour and a half. I would have avoided this place had I known better. (BTW- in fairness to the dogs we happened to be annoyed by yelling children the next night up to 11PM) Complaint garnered a shrug.

Our registration did not go smoothly. Seems a different name was connected to our credit card number somehow. Hotels.com took responsibility for this and we had no further snag until I found Hampton had charged us a second time for the same stay! Still working on that.

We asked to switch from a two double bed room to a king room and were told "impossible" unless we paid a higher rate. Odd.

On the plus side, our room was clean, pretty large (though the tiny sink was strange) and housekeeping service was very good. We tipped. The breakfast was more than adequate, and conveniently started at 6 AM. Most selections were average to good.

We would probably not return here if only because there are so many options in Burlington, but truly, if you have to be here it isn't heinous.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from pets.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2018

We were looking for a more reasonable priced hotel for the area and found this one. It's right off of the freeway and 10 minutes away from downtown to get to all the activities we had planned for our stay. Double beds instead of queen, so with teenagers, it might be a little rough. Pool area was nice, no whirlpool though. Had a fourth floor room which was beautiful with cathedral ceilings.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2018

I stayed here for business. The room was clean, the work out room was very nice, and so was the breakfast. It had something for everyone. The staff were all very accommodating and helpful. I found it very accessible from the interstate not knowing my way around. It was also close to a grocery store and a CVS. The restaurant next door was good too!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2018

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Colchester numerous times before, the location is great for our needs.
The following experience will remove HIC from the hotel we use.

During our last stay our experience was deceiving; We were charged twice for one day (One time from a prepaid reservation, the other from the hotel at checkout time) , we attempted to contact the Hampton Inn in Colchester numerous time no answer. I then contacted Hilton Honor, they replied that the Hampton Inn in Colchester should have called us by now, I inform Hilton Honor, we had not heard from HIC. We were again asked to contact HIC, this time we were able to speak to someone. We later had to followup numerous times on HIC.
At one point left a voice mail to Susan McGrath GM, never heard from her.
The adjustment was posted to our credit card on August 2.
During the same time our son had the same problem on two different days.
Beyond this the breakfast was chaotic.
One night we asked to refill the hot water in the breakfast room, the refilled had coffee with the hot water.

Room Tip: Other than main floor
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family