All reviews full kitchen fire pit one bedroom suite basketball court rooms are spacious pool and hot tub pull out couch excellent stay church street laundry facilities each morning would stay here again front desk staff booked this hotel fitness room the general manager free breakfast
Reviewed 22 May 2016

We go to VT at least once a year to visit family and this is one of the nicest and newest hotels. It is very clean, nice staff and quiet. It is not far from restaurants and downtown Colchester or Burlington.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Barb G
Reviewed 19 May 2016

I really enjoyed staying there, even though it was just for one night. The room was clean. It was like staying in a nice apartment. The breakfast was nice, yummy. The only thing I would change is having different heat/ac settings in each room. I would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: May 2016
1  Thank Muri29
Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

We arrived late at night with no reservation. The front staff was incredibly helpful. The bed was new and very comfortable. Breakfast had fresh, healthy options ( what a change) The facilities looked great and we wished we could take advantage of the basketball court and hot tub. We will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank TalyaZ
Reviewed 29 April 2016

I really like staying here. Very clean, very spacious. I've stayed at 3 Marriott properties in the area, and this is my favorite. Great value and location. Several of my co-workers all say the same thing. This will be our go to Marriott for all future trips.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Tracy L
Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

When my husband volunteered to go on a work detail to Vermont, we started searching for long term accomadations for a lengthy 45 days stay with two children. We are fortunate enough to be able to travel as a family. So I read the reviews on all the hotels in the area, including downtown Courtyard, Williston Courtyard and South Burlington Homewood suites. I called around the hotels to make sure we get the nicest rooms available as elite Marriott/Hilton Members for a lengthy stay. What stood out the most about this hotel, is friendliness of front desk employees and management, willingness to accommodate our requests, and of course the positive reviews of other travellers.
Of course, now that we are here for more than a week, I can say for myself that all our expectations have been met. Little issues that we might have had are being resolved in the most professional and timely manner.
The rooms are spacious and clean. The hotel decor is warm and relaxing, updated with modern, resort-like fixtures. The beds are super clean and comfortable, and new mattresses are in process of being installed as I write this. I like the fact that we can open the windows for fresh air. AC and Heat also work great!
The air in the room does not feel stuffy.
The pillows are firm and comfy.
Being part of Marriott chain, they use upscale Paul Mitchell bathroom condiments. The towels are always white, fluffy and not worn out. The sheets are crispy and spotless.
This hotel is pet friendly. They have enough area outside for pets to roam around. Also they do a thorough 3-4 hour cleaning in the room after the travelers with pets check out. That makes it great for both, pet owners and people with pets allergies as well. There is no evidence of pets residing in the hotel, if you know what I mean.
The breakfast has a lot of options, including hot items like scrambled eggs, sausage or bacon, three kinds of cheese, oatmeal, walnuts, almonds, dried cranberries and raisins, waffles and fresh fruits. Coffee and tea are available all day long, along with fruit infused fresh water.
When we arrived, Brittany let us look at two rooms on the floor we asked for, and had us choose the room we liked the best. As I am sensitive to smells now, we picked a room further away from other rooms, facing a beautiful hill with the privacy of trees in the back.
All the employees are very courteous and friendly. Rooms feel fresh and spacious with full kitchens and nice modern maple wood cabinetry, well stocked with all necessary kitchen appliances.
Unlike Homewood suites, they don't serve alcohol during evening reception, which we personally appreciate, as it does create a family friendly atmosphere here where children feel welcome. They do serve a variety of individual soft drinks, sparkling water and plenty of delicious food. Social hour varies, from Taco night to grilled sausages with plenty of vegetables and fruits, on week nights. The manager and other staff members, make sure everyone feels welcomed, even the old lady on the wheelchair or a little kid next to his mom, and a tired traveler by himself.
The location of Residence Inn, we found to be the best of all the Burlington areas. Colchester is a clean family oriented neighborhood. It is a short drive from downtown Burlington, yet far enough not to attract crime and other unwelcomed activity. In fact, Burlington is pretty small city, so everything is really within a short commute.
This particular hotel is located within a natural setting surrounded by the serenity of tall trees and green mountains. Makes you feel very relaxed and secluded, not like some hotels looking out to the freeways or busy streets. There is a nice Bayside park in Colchester located on the lake with a spacious playground and walking trails.
So far so good! My suggestion is, if you are looking for hotel options in Burlington area, look no further. At this hotel you will have an excellent experience, whether you are traveling alone or with family, business or vacation, short or long stay.
Have safe travels!