“Love this place”
Review of Istanbul Kebab House - MOVED

Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Turkish food is a true fusion of many different cultures, a collage of different cuisines so to speak. Turkey, geo-physically located as a bridge between Europe and Asia, has been a melting pot of many civilizations since the beginning of history. Once the land of Hittites and the Greeks, it later became the home of the Turks, a nomadic peoples. Therefore, its cuisine is not only a collage of all the cultures that lived in Turkey throughout history, but also a collage of cuisines from all the lands Turks lived before settling in what was then called Asia-Minor. Today's Turkish cuisine is a fusion of Turkic, Ottoman, Greek, Persian, Arabic, Lebanese, and Armenian cooking that can be defined as a true and unique Mediterranean food experience. Turkish food, as most Mediterranean food, relies heavily on appetizers called "mezes" and especially the freshest of ingredients. Although it has many meat specialties, it is predominantly based on fresh vegetables. Therefore, it offers a perfect combination of vegetarian and meat dishes, appealing to a broad spectrum of the eating public.
Reviewed 23 November 2013

The food here is wonderful, and that is matched by the customer service you will receive from Vural and his staff. I have eaten here many times and it has always been an adventure. Start with the meze platter and ask your server for recommendations based on your preferences. They could not be more helpful. The Turkish wines are a delight. Call for reservations Friday and Saturday night. It's that good!

IstanbulKebabHouse, Owner at Istanbul Kebab House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Review Response:

Thank you so much for dining with us and supporting our small business! Our family is very happy to share our cuisine and culture with you. Your kind words are what keeps us going every day! See you again soon!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My wife and I are always willing to try restaurants that serve ethnic foods. We were not disappointed.

My wife had a shrimp casserole and I had the lamb kabob. The sauce and spices brought out an excellent taste, but were not over the top…just right.

You can see the attention to detail from the table settings, to selection of Turkish wine, to the quick and friendly service and great prices.

Our meals were both visually appealing and delicious.

During dinner, our discussions were around, this being our new most favorite restaurant in the area. We will be back very soon.

IstanbulKebabHouse, Owner at Istanbul Kebab House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Reviewed 23 October 2013

What a surprise! Authentic and truly great flavors. A little spot in a hidden place and what a surprise. The owners are so genuine and the food is incredile. From the grape leaves to the lavish bread, it's all good. The lamb kibobs are to die for. Be careful ofnthe baklavar, it's too good!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I rarely give 5 stars, but this place deserves it! Attractive setting, friendly waitstaff, and DELICIOUS food. Everything the four of ordered was great. We started by sharing the Meze platter: haydari (yogurt dip), baba ganoush, hummus, Turkish salsa, and stuffed grape leaves, served with lavash bread that was spectacularly puffy as a balloon. Loved the tender marinated lamb kebabs, which my husband and I shared along with an order of mixed vegetable guvec (a kind of casserole something like ratatouille but with different spices).
I live in Connecticut, but the next time I am in the Burlington area I will be making an effort to return to this restaurant!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We tried Instanbul after buying a jump on it deal a few month ago. I am a waitress so I usually cannot go out for dinner by the time I get out of work, for once I was out by 9 and wanted to use our deal. We arrived a few minutes past 9 and saw they were closed at 9 so we didn't try to enter thinking they were already closed. A man must of saw us walk away and ran out to welcome us in, assuring me it was not too late to serve us. This alone was an amazing gesture as he continued to be very friendly and patient through out our experience. I know how annoying it is to get tables right before closing but he did not seem put off at all. I think he was an owner or manager but his service was amazing! He explained everything on the menu, made suggestions and was always attentive. Very little do I find service these days that is over the top, but I found that here. And as I said, being a server also I am a little bit picky on good service. I wish I was as wonderful as he was wow! He tried the platter that had stuffed grape leaves, babaganush (sorry for bad spelling), hummus, and various spreads. All were delicious and interesting to try. I had the pasta dish, homemade tortellini like pasta in a cream sauce, so good very filling. My boyfriend had a kebab dish and I was jealous I didn't order a kebab because it was amazing! Great flavor, juicy and authentic. Loved my fig infused martini as well. Everything tasted home made and truly authentic. This place is great, the decor is a little off-putting maybe it could use a make over in there but that stuff doesn't bother me. He even let us use both jump on it coupons since they arrived as two $10 certificates unknowingly but he was gracious and let us use both at the same time since we ordered a lot. Will definitely be back for kebabs and drinks in the future!

1  Thank aprilmae419