“BEST VACATION EVER!!!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Highgate Springs
Tyler Place Family Resort
Reviewed 16 November 2017

We had the most amazing vacation and it rained 80-90% of the time! I had 21 meals without my children: ages 2.5 and 13 mo. It was the most stress free vacation I've ever had! There are planned activities every day and you can participate or not. The food is buffet (but excellent buffet think of the very best wedding food then better), the evening events sometimes require you to wear a name tag. The staff....... the staff is incredible! I believe they rival some of the best staff at the Ritz or Waldorf Astoria. Customer Service is exceptional. The TP staff are so incredibly friendly and accommodating and everyone is so relaxed.

Accommodations:
Others have mentioned the cottages are 'rustic' in that I will attempt to clarify: they are a lake cottage in upstate Vermont. Obviously this is not a penthouse suite in a major city at a 5 star hotel. However they are very clean, the beds and pillows are comfortable and well appointed, the towels are neither overly fluffy nor chintzy. I've included photos of our cottage 'Goose' which was a 1 min walk to the Inn where adults eat, 1/2 min walk to the Playhouse for those under 2.5 and perhaps a 3-5 min walk to the Clubhouse where the 2.5-5 yr olds eat and play, depending on the toddler's mood, number of puddles to jump in and motivation. We even had a small view of the Lake from our cottage from the living room and screened in porch. The cottages are all far enough way from each other you couldn't hear other families, except when the toddlers were attempting to out scream each other in the late afternoon but even then that usually just encouraged my boys to join in on the call of their people.
We had a master bedroom with king bed and plenty of space, the bed was so comfortable! the Kids room had two twin beds and also fit two cribs! with heat and AC. The bathroom was between the rooms and was clean and serviceable.

Food:
Amazing! It was delicious! It was buffet, the soups were incredible. There is something on offer for everyone, vegetarians to hearty meat eaters and even those that enjoy salad. There is also a lobster and steak night! The soups were delicious, breakfast was delightful. Every meal was very good.

Activities:
As I said earlier it rained most of our trip and Tyler Place showed what they were made of! The tennis tournament was rained out, and TP bused the players into a town about 20 min away and rented out the entire indoor tennis center. The indoor tennis center was excellent. A few days later the archery lesson was rained out and again TP bused the archers a few towns over and rented out an entire indoor archery center. All this was free of additional charge to the guests! It was above and beyond.

I can not say enough good things about Tyler Place. It is the most amazing family vacation! I can not wait to return.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank ajmflan

Reviewed 15 November 2017

We've spent a week each in the summers of 2017 and 2016. Others have described the nitty gritty detail of how this magical place operates. All I can say is that for our family of 5, who hasn't ever had any help or babysitting while on vacation, this place is restful and relaxing for everyone. There is a great balance of time spent together as a family, vs just with other adults, or as a couple. We like to sail the little hobies, or participate in other watersport activities, have done pottery, yoga, there is really always something to do. I will look forward to our next vacation there throughout the whole winter, just like I did last year :-)

Room Tip: talk to the wonderful people to figure out the right place for you. they know.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Katharina W
Reviewed 14 October 2017

We have been staying here every summer for 4 years. Great place, kids love it, and we've made some good friends over the years. We always come back the same week each year. Chad and the staff do a great job of introducing all of the adults to each other, keeping things social. Food is excellent, and I love having breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and happy hour with my wife. We spend the afternoon with the kids, and the rest of the time they are at camp.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2017

We had an amazing week despite the 5+ days of pouring rain (really - the weather was pretty awful), semi-rustic accommodations, my inability to take part in the beer & wine tours/ cocktail hours / many sporting activities due to pregnancy and a toddler that cried EVERY time we dropped her off at 'camp'!

First - our 2 kids really did have a great time with their councilors / respective camps despite some tantrums at drop-off time. The kids programs (ages 2 & 4 for us) are fantastic and the councilors were energetic, engaging and very loving toward the kids. Our 4 year-old is still talking about things that she did at camp & still singing some of the camp songs that she learned a month later...

Secondly - my husband and I had a wonderful time despite the aforementioned rain & activity limitations and we quickly got over the guilt of spending vacation / meal time away from our children! Overall we thought that the food was great and we loved having uninterrupted, leisurely meals with the different people that we met throughout the week.

Yes the cottages are quite basic but we were pretty much only there for sleeping and the beds were quite comfortable. There were some thoughtful cottage touches too, like having the crib all set up / made upon arrival, a nightlight in the kids room, and stepping stool under the bathroom sink for the little ones.

I had previously read in other reviews that some people have found it to be "clique-y" but that really was not our experience at all. Granted we were there for the last week of the summer so there were lots of other newbies and similar families (working parents with young children) to bond with, but we truly found the other guests to be very friendly and welcoming!

We already reserved our cottage / week for next year and look forward to returning!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2017

We loved our week at The Tyler Place and plan to return again and again. We live in Los Angeles and enjoy all that city life offers, but we recognize how important it is for our kids and us to unplug for at least a week -- read a book in a hammock, swim out to a trampoline on a lake, ride a bike on a quiet road through the trees, sleep in a simple cabin. These are all things we did at Tyler Place and we loved and needed a week of luxuriating in life's simple pleasures.

Other reviews do a great job of covering the details of food, activities, and the kid's experience at Tyler Place. I think most of the pros and cons stated are right on. So I'm just going to stick to why Tyler Place is a great fit for our family. We have a 6 yo, 3 yo, and 1 yo. We are in the thick of parenting small kids. To have a week where our kids had a blast with their peers while my husband and I got to have an extended conversation was a blessing. We treasured our quiet time, but we also had wonderful moments as a family -- swimming, boating, bike riding, arts and crafts. I don't know of any resort that makes it so easy for a family to spend meaningful time together.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela A

Been to Tyler Place Family Resort? Share your experiences!