US$134
Cadillac Motel(Saint Albans)
US$99
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Albans(Saint Albans)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$129
US$67
Motel Montgolfiere JP(Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$57
US$75
Motel Iberville(Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$49
All reviewsarts and craftssame weekwaiting listmountain bikingtrivia nightgroup activitiessummer campother guestskids programmeal timesbike ridesfamily campropes courserock wall climbingtennis tournamentcanoe tripkids eat
Reviewed 15 November 2017

We've spent a week each in the summers of 2017 and 2016. Others have described the nitty gritty detail of how this magical place operates. All I can say is that for our family of 5, who hasn't ever had any help or babysitting while on vacation, this place is restful and relaxing for everyone. There is a great balance of time spent together as a family, vs just with other adults, or as a couple. We like to sail the little hobies, or participate in other watersport activities, have done pottery, yoga, there is really always something to do. I will look forward to our next vacation there throughout the whole winter, just like I did last year :-)

Room Tip: talk to the wonderful people to figure out the right place for you. they know.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Katharina W
Reviewed 14 October 2017

We have been staying here every summer for 4 years. Great place, kids love it, and we've made some good friends over the years. We always come back the same week each year. Chad and the staff do a great job of introducing all of the adults to each other, keeping things social. Food is excellent, and I love having breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and happy hour with my wife. We spend the afternoon with the kids, and the rest of the time they are at camp.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2017

We had an amazing week despite the 5+ days of pouring rain (really - the weather was pretty awful), semi-rustic accommodations, my inability to take part in the beer & wine tours/ cocktail hours / many sporting activities due to pregnancy and a toddler that cried EVERY time we dropped her off at 'camp'!

First - our 2 kids really did have a great time with their councilors / respective camps despite some tantrums at drop-off time. The kids programs (ages 2 & 4 for us) are fantastic and the councilors were energetic, engaging and very loving toward the kids. Our 4 year-old is still talking about things that she did at camp & still singing some of the camp songs that she learned a month later...

Secondly - my husband and I had a wonderful time despite the aforementioned rain & activity limitations and we quickly got over the guilt of spending vacation / meal time away from our children! Overall we thought that the food was great and we loved having uninterrupted, leisurely meals with the different people that we met throughout the week.

Yes the cottages are quite basic but we were pretty much only there for sleeping and the beds were quite comfortable. There were some thoughtful cottage touches too, like having the crib all set up / made upon arrival, a nightlight in the kids room, and stepping stool under the bathroom sink for the little ones.

I had previously read in other reviews that some people have found it to be "clique-y" but that really was not our experience at all. Granted we were there for the last week of the summer so there were lots of other newbies and similar families (working parents with young children) to bond with, but we truly found the other guests to be very friendly and welcoming!

We already reserved our cottage / week for next year and look forward to returning!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan D
Reviewed 4 October 2017

We loved our week at The Tyler Place and plan to return again and again. We live in Los Angeles and enjoy all that city life offers, but we recognize how important it is for our kids and us to unplug for at least a week -- read a book in a hammock, swim out to a trampoline on a lake, ride a bike on a quiet road through the trees, sleep in a simple cabin. These are all things we did at Tyler Place and we loved and needed a week of luxuriating in life's simple pleasures.

Other reviews do a great job of covering the details of food, activities, and the kid's experience at Tyler Place. I think most of the pros and cons stated are right on. So I'm just going to stick to why Tyler Place is a great fit for our family. We have a 6 yo, 3 yo, and 1 yo. We are in the thick of parenting small kids. To have a week where our kids had a blast with their peers while my husband and I got to have an extended conversation was a blessing. We treasured our quiet time, but we also had wonderful moments as a family -- swimming, boating, bike riding, arts and crafts. I don't know of any resort that makes it so easy for a family to spend meaningful time together.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela A
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Everything is so well thought out, so attractive, so full of fun for the family that you forget the price is very high. Parents, children, grandparents are all delighted to be there every minute of the day. Someone there told me they could have chosen many other vacations, but wanted the BEST. That about sums it up.

Stayed: August 2017