All reviewsjane austenwedding cakeelopement packagehomemade cookieswealth of knowledgeextensive librarynorthern vermontlike stepping back in timefellow guestsbring homelovely homeregency perioda lovely staywhirlpool tubbreakfast each morningtwo night stayguest rooms
Reviewed 3 August 2018

A lovely experience in beautiful northern Vermont – Governor’s House, thanks to Suzanne’s long-term dedication and attention to detail, is a work of art. A historic mansion brought back to life. You don’t want to miss this!! Hospitality, culinary treats, history, literature, comfort. She strives to make every visitor’s stay – short or long – a real treat. We enjoyed an elegant, traditional “high tea” before going across the street to enjoy the musical put on by the Lamoille County Players, and on our return were greeted by the offer of a piece of wedding cake … quite delicious! … left from the ceremony that had been held that afternoon for fellow guests. Suzanne provides all the ‘trimmings’ for small-scale weddings in this charming setting (and also arranges for special local touristic treats on request – hot air balloon ride, anyone?). We had a very restful night, and an excellent breakfast that paid close attention to my unusual dietary limitations. Next time we’re bringing friends with us!! Thank you, Suzanne.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2018

The attention to details in this fully and lovingly restored era mansion is incredible. Very comfortable and elegant. Very welcoming and relaxed. Would repeat anytime of year.The setting is wonderful, we throughly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Anyone of them .
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2018

What a beautiful location at EVERY time of year! The accommodations are magnificent. The breakfast was superb. There are very interesting driving tours on the Inn's website that give you many options to explore both the main roads and some 'off the beaten path' adventures too. If you can't figure out what you want to do, the inn keeper is a wealth of knowledge!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2018

I brought my BFF to celebrate a milestone birthday to this Tea this past Sunday. We had the absolute best time. I wonderful restored house, which really was a onetime Govenors Mansion. The houseblend tea was wonderful. I was really mad at myself on the way home I did not ask to purchace any to bring home. We had wonderful sandwiches, scones with clotted cream and homemade jam, (my favorite was the cheese scone), and an array of sweets. This was done in a beautiful sitting room. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

First off, the Governors House is absolutely gorgeous! The antique vintage style was absolutely beautiful. My now husband and I, did the elopement in the sky package through Govenors House and Suzanne made it absolutely perfect, from booking and planning the trip, to scheduling our hot air balloon ride. She made sure we had everything we needed. She was an amazing hostess, her homecooked meals were exquisite. For running the house all on her own she is SO attentive and accomodating. With our elopement package she made us a delicious homecooked dinner of chicken and tortellini, and a strawberry shortcake with a bottle of champagne! It really made our elopement experience perfect! We couldn’t have asked for a better experience for ourselves. I would recommend this place to anyone, whether you’re traveling, or eloping. She makes it feel like a home away from home.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple