“Quiet evening”
Review of The Chophouse

The Chophouse
Ranked #14 of 45 Restaurants in Ludlow
Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

We were in the area for skiing. It was a weekday so it was quiet, and there was no pressure on the staff. They performed well. The waitress smiled and was very kind. This makes a big difference. She brought us parm garlic oil for the bread at the bar.

We half expected a steak franchise type place here but that is not what we got. The decor was simple yet country and not over done. The addition of salad/soup bar was nice. The soup was chili this night and it was tasty. Some times these soups can be over cooked if they are sitting out but it was great. I had the 14 oz ribeye and it was cooked to order. My wife had the lobster mac and cheese, which was also very good. Not even close to the over buttered dish Red Lobster might serve you. The food was tasty, timely, and cooked appropriately. I have no complaints. I def recommend.

2  Thank Pete495

Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

Came for dinner with another couple. Sat at the bar. Bartender seem to keep getting distracted even though the place was practically empty. Ordered 2 espresso martinis which were awful - pure sugar. When we told the bartender we didn't like the drinks and that there was no coffee in them he lectured us on how they make an espresso martini and the fact that they don't use any coffee/espresso! No offer for refund. We were sick of slow service at that point disgusted with lack of interest.
We had eaten here once before. It was just okay. We were giving it another chance. Done

1  Thank kahu737
Reviewed 28 January 2017

We had a lovely filet and lobster tail meal at this location during the week. There was an extensive wine list. Service was excellent. Expect meals to run $30-$50 without drinks or appetizers.

2  Thank travelhog123
Reviewed 24 January 2017

After being turned away from Sam’s Steakhouse not once but TWICE, my husband and our friends tried THE CHOP HOUSE located in the plaza at the foot of Okemo Mountain. We have been reluctant to go there for some time since we were dedicated to our beloved Sam’s…but needless to say, we were more than delighted with our experience at The Chop House. The atmosphere was quiet, yet patrons and servers alike really enjoyed themselves. The place was packed, but the attentive staff made you feel like you were the only ones there. I had the steak and cheese grinder which was an ooey gooey dream, heaped with hand-cut seasoned fries. My husband had the rib eye which he moaned with delight throughout the meal, saying it was tender, juicy and done to perfection (I started getting jealous, lol) and our company had the lobster mac and cheese (loaded with a blend of cheeses and lobster). None of us could finish our meals (except my husband, of course) because we filled up on the generous salad bar. Our server, Mary, was our favorite from Sam’s, so it made the evening even more special. It was nice seeing other former employee’s from Sam’s as well. Not sure what has happened at Sam’s. Very sad. Word on the street, and my own experience, makes me wonder if new management has bungled things. Too bad because it used to be our “go to” place to dine with family and friends. No more, I wish them well if they ever do reopen. However, The Chop House gets FIVE full stars and will become our mainstay from now on.

8  Thank MargoAdams123
Reviewed 21 January 2017

My Wife Mary use to work at Sams Steak house which has now closed Now she works for Mark at The Chop House in Ludlow Vt. There were four of us for dinner. First we had a drink at the bar, the bartender Reesa was the Best and we all had a great time at this huge bar filled with locals and skiers ..After visiting with many nice people we moved to the beautiful decorated dining room, very cozy and comfortable. Masseo our waiter was so kind and gave us GREAT service with a smile. I had the Ribeye and I have to say it was the best steak I have ever had !!! Mary had the scallops there were so many she shared omg the were done to perfection. My Brother had the philly steak and cheese grinder with crispy onions on top must have been a foot long he had to take half home. My brother in law had the Lobster Mac and cheese which came with plenty of real lobster, Best Mac and Cheese he ever had. Of course we had the salad bar first which is the best in town with all FRESH greens to creamy broccoli soup with fresh bread, rolls and bread sticks and a garlic olive oil for dipping the bread.. Thanks Mark for everything. You have the nicest place in town plus the famous Mr. Darcy's just down the road..

4  Thank Jeff N