Wildflower Inn
Colonnade Inn(Lyndonville)
US$99
Burke Mountain Hotel & Conference Center(East Burke)(Great Value!)
US$129
Travelocity
US$159
US$143
ComfortInn
Pine Crest Motel and Cabins(Barton)(Great Value!)
US$85
Orbitz.com
Eastgate Inn(Littleton)(Great Value!)
US$90
TripAdvisor
All reviewscarriage housemountain bikingkingdom trailsmeadow suitethe main housedarling hillcross countryice skating rinkenclosed porchnice accommodationsamazing locationenjoy your staygames roombreakfast was includednortheast kingdomyear after yearattentive service
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We spent 4 weeks over Dec/Jan 2010/11 travelling around the East coast as part of our Honeymoon. New York, Boston, Vermont, Florida and a Cruise around the Bahamas... Our favourite part of the trip was the 4 days we spent in the Widlflower Inn over Christmas. I've seen other reviews that hark on about the old décor in the rooms, slow WiFi, no TV's etc. To me that is what makes this such an amazing location! It brought me back to my childhood when rooms had character and charm, WiFi didn't exist and TV's where few and far between. Why on earth would you need a TV when you have views like that all around you. There's a great book shop in the village, grab a book and relax. Hang out at the open fire at the guest house and talk to fellow travellers, or as we did head on up to Burke mountain and get your Ski on... The staff at the Inn where fantastic, they where so helpfull. The food was great, the blueberry muffins, pancakes where faaaaaar too tasty. We love this place and are hoping to return in the very near future.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Irish-Rosco
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Won this overnight at a staff end of season party. So glad I did. My husband and I spent an early anniversary getaway here. Location is gorgeous, rooms are very nice and food is exceptional. Hope to get another chance to visit here again.

2  Thank TLCWoolwich
Reviewed 13 November 2011

As other people note, this hotel is set in one of the loveliest spots in America. It is right on fantastic mountain biking (and hiking trails) and the people that run the hotel are helpful and friendly. However, the rooms are a bit shabby and could use some updating and breakfast is served painfully slowly (which is fine if you want to linger but not if you want to be out on the trails). It is also pretty expensive. I have stayed before and will again, but the location is definitely better than the hotel itself.

2  Thank Susan60745
Reviewed 31 October 2011

A truly beautiful place for a short stay during a Fall foliage tour! Panoramic views, delicious meals (both breakfast and dinner), attentive staff and large, decent rooms (in the annex across the road) make The Wildflower Inn worth another visit. Jim and Mary o"Reilly have raised 8 children here and make you feel right at home as part of their family.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jeffl499
Reviewed 24 October 2011

After our first review (July 2010), the owner of the Inn contacted me. I had made several attempts to contact him to discuss our concerns before finally submitting my review on tripadvisor. I guess seeing the review compelled him to return my call. he was apologetic that we had such a disappointing stay, but also expressed disappointment that we published the review. He offered us a complimentary return trip, a 2 night stay (our original stay was 3 nights) in the School House suite. We accepted his offer and had hopes of a better experience.

Our gift certificate expired at the end of this month, so we thought we'd better use it. We booked the weekend of Oct. 15-16. We found the house and grounds in much the same state as we had before except that the hot tub had disappeared. The School House suite was clean, had a new sofa, a new mattress. and a new sliding glass door. Fortunately we came prepared with our own pillows this time b/c we discovered the same hard, flat pillows. Same threadbare sheets too. The Jacuzzi tub in the room had not had any repairs either. It being a rainy weekend, we thought we'd stay in and stream a movie, but we couldn't. We experienced the same problems others reported with the WiFi-very very slow.

The young lady who checked us in was very friendly, the waitstaff was OK. Breakfast was good, but we went elsewhere for dinner b/c we were on more of a budget this trip and Juniper's is so expensive.

Overall, we could see the the Innkeepers have been trying to make improvements, which is great, but it's too bad that the cost still so out of line with the experience. We understand that the current economy presents a challenge, but I'd guess that the demographic the Wildflower Inn is targeting is not too concerned with the recession.

While we are very appreciative of the complimentary invite to re-experience the Inn, I'm sorry to say that we came away feeling that overall, it's still not worth what is charged.

5  Thank KWatVermont