“Stayed in hotel and used spa”
Review of The Spa at Equinox

The Spa at Equinox
More attraction details
Owner description: The Spa at the Equinox encourages guests to awaken their spirit and reconnect with nature, using a variety of treatments that incorporate products native to the surrounding Vermont region, including maple sugar, wildflowers and mineral clay. The 13,000 square foot full-service resort spa reflects the beauty and nature of Vermont's pristine environment. Here you will find a comprehensive menu of massage, facial and body treatments, in addition to a heated indoor pool, cardio room, and movement studio for yoga, pilates and meditation.
Reviewed 8 June 2015

The spa here is wonderful. The staff provides plush robes and rubber slippers for your feet along with a locker key. Locker room is very nice - all essential hair and body care products provided complimentary. Has both a steam room and a sauna. Everything was clean and working perfectly. Very relaxing! Pool was wonderful to swim in.

1  Thank TK345

Reviewed 5 March 2015

We have been coming up to Manchester, Vermont for years, and on all but the rare occasion, stay at the Equinox. It's our "go to" New England resort, in part because we can reach it in under four hours from Manhattan. Another reason is because of the Spa at Equinox. It's oir home away from home---good for the body, mind and soul, especially after sitting in the car.
We take classes in yoga, mat Pilates, Zumba, stability ball Pilates, water aerobics and pool Zumba. Pauline, a little ball of dynamite, has been teaching there for years, and we always look forward to seeing her welcoming smile on our frequent visits. Susan is also an excellent instructor. The woman never ages, we can all take a lesson! Use of the gym and pool are complimentary to hotel guests, but there is a charge for studio classes.
The Zen-like spa itself is a peaceful oasis of relaxation. From glowing fireplaces to comfy club chairs, you will begin to unwind and exhale as soon as you enter. There are a host of treatments available, and the locker rooms are equipped with a sauna and steam room.
The pool is refreshing, but swimmers should know there's only one dedicated lap lane. The pool atmosphere is a perfect combination of rustic and modern, with soft music usually in the background. I noticed a previous review talking about the water being murky in the pool. I have not experienced that in the times I swam here. Also, classes are loaded into the morning hours; very little available in afternoon hours.

1  Thank ChinadollRVC
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The spa at the Equinox was standardly pleasant- comfy chairs, spa robe, nice setting. I went for a facial and my aesthetician barely spoke. She didn't ask me if I had any skin concerns, sensitivities or medical problems. She just put stuff on my face and when I asked what she was putting on she gave explanations such as "mask". Fortunately I have no significant medical issues and although my skin felt good afterwards, I felt oddly uncomfortable about the whole experience.

4  Thank GardenG
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Please figure out a better system to keep the pool clean. It is always murky, debris on bottom, smells and is unpleasant to swim in. It's a shame since so many locals like to get their exercise and I'm a part time resident that enjoys swimming year round but not at the Equinox pool. Hope you can resolve the dirty water issue. Maybe Strattons pool is better....don't know now but it was years ago when I used to swim there. Good luck!

1  Thank CtMss
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Spa was nice, but I was a little surprised it wasn't bigger.

I had a pregnancy massage and it wasn't all that comfortable. I wish they had used a piece of foam so that I could lie face down (ie., a cradle for my stomach). I have had that at other resorts and it makes the massage so much more relaxing!