“Great dinner tonight!”
Review of Bistro Henry

Bistro Henry
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Henry is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 62 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$18 - US$50
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: East Manchester Road
Description: BISTRO HENRY has been delighting local and visitor alike for over 20 years with a unique blend of French & Italian and for our next 20 years bring you Steakhouse! I guarantee you will be delighted as well. The lovely restaurant on top of the hill is also the home of Henry's Summer BBQ & Dina's VT Baking Company. There is a large deck with beautiful views for a relaxing cocktail or outdoor dining. The spacious restaurant can accommodate private dining and we will cater nearly any type of party with our talented chefs, don't forget our Authentic BBQ. Year round we offer our $25 Three Course from 5-6 PM nightly and all night on Tuesdays (3 courses $25). I hope to see you soon. - Henry Bronson, Bistro Henry
Reviewed 1 September 2016

Superb dinner at Bistro Henry tonight. Started out with great cocktails, then went for the Maine Crabcakes, Mussels and a special Mascarpone w/sweet corn Ravioli for appetizers. Two wonderful bottles of wine for less than $40 each from the superb and fairly priced wine list. We then had the Hanger Steak, Parmesan Sole, Rare Tuna and for our vegetarian friend, Dina's Chick Pea Terrine. Our waiter, Chris, was outstanding. We were in a bit of a hurry to get to a movie downtown, so we didn't stay for dessert, our fault for being a bit late for our reservation! Casual atmosphere, really fun dinner!

bistrohenry, Owner at Bistro Henry, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Thank you so very much for your kind words. I look forward to your return.
Henry

Reviewed 25 August 2016

Bistro Henry was always very good each time we've been there. It's been a while since our last dining experience there and they have gotten even better. The ambiance remains the same, it is like dining in a pretty Country Inn. They have added an outdoor patio since our last visit which looks very pleasant. However, we opted to eat in the very nicely decorated and welcoming inside.

Our server was congenial and professional. She immediately brought delicious, freshly baked bread and water. After we had a chance to look over the menu, she came back and told us about the evenings specials. Given that we had the last reservation of the evening, we never felt as if we were being rushed even though by the end of the meal we were nearly the last ones there.

As an appetizer we decided to split the homemade hummus and pita plater. It was an excellent choice and easily enough to share. My entree was the rare grilled tuna, beautifully plated with soy ginger, wasabi, pickled ginger, spicy pad thai. My dining companion ordered the Chicken Francese, in butter, lemon, white wine, linguine and spinach. As my dining companion is a light eater, she had enough to bring home for lunch the next day. We were both very pleased with our choices. To top off the meal we had a wonderful mini chocolate mousse.

Given the quality of food, service and portions, prices are actually reasonable. I will not wait so look to return.

Thanks so much for your kind words and your continued patronage.
I am delighted you think we have gotten even better, as that's what we strive for on a daily basis. No on gets up in the morning and says "I think I will suck today". We certainly don't.
I am also glad that the staff was on their game no matter what time of the night.We pride ourselves on our professionalism...
I hope your return is very soon. How about tomorrow night?
Henry

Reviewed 22 August 2016

A girls' weekend away and we decided to try Bistro Henry based on previous reviews. We were not disappointed. We both had the lobster linguini and there was plenty of lobster to be had! Delicious, delicious, delicious! I also had a shrimp cocktail that was very tasty. It was served with tortilla strips, guacamole and cocktail sauce. Nice presentation.

Our reservations were for 7 pm and got there a few minutes early and was immediately seated. The restaurant was fairly crowded for a Thursday evening and our meals came out in a very timely manner....and hot! Looking forward to visiting again next time we are in Manchester!

Reviewed 17 August 2016

The food was good, but not inventive or original. The service from both our waitress and sommelier were very good but, sadly, the decor and ambiance are beyond dated. The interior is so generic and bland, it reminded my husband of eating in the dining hall of his parent's nursing home.
The dining scene in Manchester and surrounding towns has improved considerably over the past couple of years. Bistro Henry needs to step-up aesthetically and creatively if it wants to stay relevant.

bistrohenry, Owner at Bistro Henry, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2016

Thanks for you highly subjective review. I have no idea what you had for dinner or drank, so I am unable to offer any comment, except for the fact that you will not find crazy food with unrecognizable ingredients here. The wine list has been had 'Wine Spectator' award of excellence for over 20 years, so if you like wine, there is no better or more relevant restaurant in Manchester.
Decor is so fraught with opinion. I suppose people go to restaurants for many reasons, and we just did not have what you want. I get it. The building is one of Manchester's older farmhouses and there are limitations both aesthetic, physical and financial. As far as relevant goes, Bistro Henry has been at the forefront for 23 years. At least one of the places you have reviewed has gone under. Maybe because they spent so much on the build out and missed the basics of running a restaurant. Thanks. Henry

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

This was my third visit and once again, I was delighted with the experience. I ate at the bar. Service was congenial and prompt. The Bistro has an enticing menu as well as several specials. It also offers an interesting selection of wines by the glass, most of which were just $9. I had the corn and bacon chowder and the braised rabbit on penne pasta. Both were delicious! The portions are generous but not overwhelming. However, they were sufficiently big for the couple next to me to share a Caesar salad and a filet mignon. Pricing seems fair for the quality.