“enjoyable dinner”

Trolley Stop
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Poultney
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 29 January 2017

Ate here for dinner with 4 adults and 3 children and all enjoyed their meals: bacon burgers, cajun catfish, fettuccine Alfredo and yummy spaghetti for the kiddos. Highlights were the garlic fries and maple creme brulee. Reasonable prices and nice waitstaff.

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

By pure luck we stumbled upon Trolley Stop in Poultney Vermont. It's on the main street in town surrounded by old buildings and houses in one that appears to date from the turn of last century. We were seated next to the front window so we could watch the snow fall.

I ordered a buffalo chicken sandwich and my wife had the quesadilla. Both were excellent!! The buffalo chicken sandwich was made from two quarter-inch thick breadedcutlets that ensured even cooking. We shared a plate of garlic fries and I strongly encourage you to get those as well. Should we find ourselves in Poultney again we will stop to try another item off the menu here!

1  Thank Taylor C
Reviewed 29 December 2016

This is a favorite spot to meet a friend here for lunch app every 2 months when I visit the area. Small dining room, gas fireplace, very good food and ample portions. Try the garlic fries or maple creme brulet.!

1  Thank Enfieldwatersprite
Reviewed 27 December 2016

Stopped here for a dinner meal, three other couples eating at the time. We weren't greeted, but checked the menu and seated ourselves. Waiter seemed involved in personal discussion with kitchen staff and ignored us. Waitress said she would be right back or send waiter... we waited, and waited. No water or service for ten minutes, waitress came back, seated another couple, brought them water, menus and left again. We waited another ten minutes and when the waitress returned, she took the other couples order and asked if we had been helped... At that point, we had nothing on our table except the menus (which I had to get from up front.) Upon telling her we hadn't been waited on, she seemed surprised but made no attempt to help us. We left after a couple more minutes of inattention. On our way out, the waiter was still standing there talking to kitchen staff. The owner was standing in front of the restaurant talking with friends... Apalling service

Reviewed 24 December 2016

We revisited this restaurant recently. The menu seemed fairly consistent with our last visit here. The five of us had little trouble picking something that was to our liking. I decided to try a burger and was not disappointed. As I am trying to cut out some carbs, I asked if I could switch out the handcut fries for a house salad. Our server said there would be an "upcharge". I pointed out I wanted a four dollar salad instead of the four dollar fries. I then told her I would take the fries. I am a cheapskate and didn't feel the need to prove it anymore than I had. I think we all enjoyed our meals and other than trying to "upcharge"me, the server was great. One disappointment, the mural with Mary Poppins being abducted by a UFO has been replaced.

1  Thank Pete H