“Gets better and better”

Taps Tavern
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Poultney
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 July 2017

As nearby innkeepers, we find ourselves recommending Taps more and more - the guest feedback is always glowing. In our busy season, we rarely have time to go out to eat but, when we do, we find ourselves headed for Taps.

We took visiting friends last night and I had the pulled pork sandwich for the first time - DE-lish! Others had a burger/soup, mac & cheese, and fish and chips. EVERY plate was clean!

Keep up the good work!

1  Thank peedeea

Reviewed 18 June 2017

Not much was open late on a Sunday but several people pointed me to Taps. I normally avoid taverns but when I saw the menu, I decided to try it.
Restful sitting on the deck. School was obviously out, because it was very quiet.
I had the bacon avocado and it was excellent. Service fast and friendly.

1  Thank CSSnowshoer
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

There are not many choices in this beautiful, rural area. Taps is surprisingly good. Creative dishes and a good beer selection. We met the owner, Serena and her dynamic and outgoing personality added much to it's charm. It's a comfortable tavern setting, unpretentious and friendly. The crispy brussel sprout appetizer was fantastic as were the other dishes we had. I would recommend coming here multiple times to sample more of their tasty menu.

1  Thank Matthew P
Reviewed 10 May 2017

We tried the Nachos (a small is big enough for 2-3 people), wings (with the Jamaican dry rub), calamari (AMAZING), and the pastrami egg rolls! Everything was tasty and the calamari was the highlight. The atmosphere is nice and the price is affordable. I would go back!

1  Thank Peter A
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

I have never been disappointed with a meal at Taps; there is a mixture of your standard comfort foods and then unexpected dishes that I have never seen on another menu, and everything has been delicious! A lot of the food is locally sourced, including most of the beers in the draft selection (which is surprisingly large for a small town bar). They have everything needed for all of your standard cocktails as well, so there is something for everyone! Highly recommended!

1  Thank Maddie M