“Local favorite”

Taps Tavern
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Poultney
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

As a member of the mug club, I can Say that Taps Tavern is the place to go for a good meal, a great beer, and even better service. Claire and Serena went always go above and beyond to make you feel welcome and get everything you need. The live music is an awesome addition to any meal with friends. Good food, good friends, nothing better!

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Eli B

Reviewed 3 March 2018

This is my favorite place to go when I'm staying in Poultney, which is actually pretty often. Here are the reasons: Taps has solidly good food, their menu is well thought out, their food is healthy (and sometimes organic ... and you CAN get a vegetarian meal there), and the specials are excellent values. They also serve great beer and good house wine. AND, they also have entertainment on specific nights of the week. There are occasions when it can get super crowded, so you kind of have to go early (like 5-6:30 range early) but the music is really eclectic and the wait staff is super friendly and welcoming.

You will not be disappointed with the nachos or wings or the excellent salads. And everyone raves about the mac and cheese (although I have not had it).

So ... if you catch yourself in Poultney, definitely go to Taps. It's a great local place to have very good food.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank sjeffrey04
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for my first time while in town visiting a friend. Service was impeccable, right from the time we walked in the door, until we left. Great cozy little home town bar that also has quite an assortment of snacks, appetizers, salads, and entrées. I went for the pretzels and beer dip to start with which was heaven followed by their homemade Mac and Cheese. I would highly recommend giving this place a try the next time you’re in town for a drink, some lunch, some dinner, or just a snack.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Adkman79
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

My son & I walked in off the street and were immediately greeted with a friendly hello and told we could seat ourselves, which turned out to be a choice of 2 tables as the place was packed on a Friday night. Our waitress, Claire, immediately came over with a smile and friendly conversation. She could tell we were hungry so she took our order right away. We were not disappointed as the food was delicious- do try the wings if you're getting an app and the cheesecake is a must if getting dessert-and were pleasantly surprised how smoothly the food flowed, despite the busy scene. We were treated to live music, which topped off our wonderful dinner. We will definitely return to this little gem in Poultney!

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank karin391997
Reviewed 15 November 2017

We have eaten here on several occasions. The food is excellent and there is a good variety of choices for all tastes.

Date of visit: November 2017