“Good food, good service!”

Dana's by the Gorge
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Quechee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 25 August 2017

We tried to eat here last year on our yearly summer VT vacation but the line was too long. This year, we hit it at a good time and were able to get in. Small place, I can see why seating can be a challenge. There were 7 in our party. Service was good though a sign posted at the entrance said they were short staffed that day. We had the home made strawberry lemonade. Delicious! We all had different lunches and they were all thoroughly enjoyed, including the corn chowder and a tomato, fresh mozzarella and basil baguette (two specials of the day). We found the prices to be comparable for what we are used to paying for lunch. I think the quality and freshness of ingredients used in the food preparation were excellent. Hope to be back next year!

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Food was excellent! Service was stellar!!They made a "snack" dish for my 2 year old, cheese,hummus, apple slices, & grapes! Perfect for her! The only reason it was 4 instead of a five is because we felt the portions were a little small. For example, chicken salad scoop on the salad was pretty small. When we left, we ate everything off all 5 plates. When was the last time anyone did that?!

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Stopped in for lunch after visiting the Quechee Village Mall. We had to wait a few minutes for a table but it was worth it. Had a delicious turkey sandwich with raspberry lemonade - and I wish I had some now! The wait staff was very cheery. Quite pleasant and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Great service, good food and reasonable prices My wife and I go here often. We like to sit in the front area as it's very pleasant.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for breakfast but breakfast serving was over. Other diners had breakfast and it looked pretty good. I had the chicken ceasar salad and it was good. Just the right size. Would have been better if it came with the chicken. Wife had the bacon grilled cheese. She liked it. Again would have been better if the bacon was on the sandwich. Small errors but the food was still good. Staff was very nice. Price seemed okay.

Been to Dana's by the Gorge? Share your experiences!