“Romantic Weekend @ Quechee”

Inn at Clearwater Pond
Ranked #3 of 6 Quechee B&B and Inns
Madison, Connecticut
“Romantic Weekend @ Quechee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

My wife and I took a long weekend at this wonderful b&b. We chose Christine's Cottage which is just a few steps from the main house. This romantic cottage has everything you need for a romantic getaway. A huge four poster bed, claw foot tub, Vermont castings stove (gas) and old wooden beams.

The food is excellent, made with local ingredients and ample quantities.

The decor is beautiful with superb examples of Simon Pearce glass ware (make sure you visit their local store/restaurant).

Tina is a a great hostess and will make you welcome any season of the year.

Room Tip: The cottage is unique, romantic and very private.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
innatclearwaterpond, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Christina's Cottage continues to please my guests. I'm pleased you chose this accommodation. It is beautiful, unique and romantic. Thank you for letting my readers know you enjoyed a wonderful time in a beautiful setting.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Rowlett, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

It is hard to find the words to describe this Inn. From the time we walked in the door it was like a dream. The accomodations were wonderful and Tina made you so welcome. She made her home feel like yours. She is honestly an amazing lady. The decor is beautiful and our room had all the comforts you can imagine. Felt like a Fairy Tale. Not only is the inside so amazing but the outside is as well. It has everything that you would want to do. The patio area is fixed up for relaxing, music, cooking or anything that you want to do and beautiful decorated as well. It is covered from the weather or there is other areas to sit out and enjoy the beautiful view of the grounds. The pond is like no other you will ever see. Oh and don't even under estimate the Breakfast you will be served. It is out of this world. You might think I am going overboard on this Review, but I wish everyone would expierence this Inn. Very peaceful and perfect. The Inn is also perfect for location to so many wonderful sights and things to do. It is like you are in the center of Beautiful Vermont.

Judy McEntee

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Judy M
innatclearwaterpond, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this review, 23 November 2011
Thank you, Judy, for such a praising and kind review. We've stayed in touch so by now I'm sure you know how much I enjoyed meeting you. I take my business very seriously and when I am blessed with guests, such as yourself, I am so pleased. An innkeeper couldn't ask for more. I'm so looking forward to your return visit and if my travels ever take me to Texas, I'll be giving you a call. I hope you're doing a bit better. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Tina
Rowlett, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

What a fabulous place to visit !! The Inn is just off the main road between Quechee and Woodstock making getting around the area easy. The Inn is beautifully decorated, the grounds peaceful and the breakfast was delicous. Tina, the owner is so gracious and she feels like a friend by the time you leave. This is by far an A+ Inn. We loved the scenery and taking backroads to enjoy some of the most beautiful natural sights around each corner. Our prayers do go out to those effected by the flooding.

Room Tip: The Skylar Rose is large with a great view of the the back of property. Really comfortable king bed.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Hi Mitzy and thank you for posting this complimentary review. Your words were very kind and I appreciate your feedback. You and Judy were such nice guests and being able to hostess both of you was a delight. You know how much I am looking forward to your return visit. Have a great Thanksgiving (just 1 day away) and Christmas season. Make sure you keep Judy smiling...........! (I think she really appreciated the song I wrote down for her)

Tina
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

This was a very enjoyable B&B. The owner Tina was great. I highly recommend this as a place to stay. If you are looking for a peaceful location, this is it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
It's interesting how many guests use the word "peaceful" to describe this property. And I agree. After living in New York City, Connecticut and Southern California, I was in search of more quiet and peaceful surroundings. I believe I chose well when I decided to purchase this Inn. Glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to write your review.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

Just returning from a girls weekend in Vermont. The weather was lovely and we enjoyed every minute of our visit. Hospitality is #1 with Inn Keeper, Tina! She was prepared for everyone staying at the Inn. Bagels sitting out for the half marathon runners and hot breakfast for the rest of us, yum!

Cleanliness was outstanding. You would never have known that a couple dogs were living at this Inn, and other (dogs) staying there too!!! Our room was neat and had everything anyone would need staying for the weekend. The grounds were gorgeous especially the Clearwater Pond, really!

I would recommend the Clearwater Inn to anyone looking for a place close to everything without being on route 4. Excellent for friends, couples, singles or even families. The rec room/gym had everything needed for a rainy day.

If I wasn't so busy hiking around tasting cheese, beer and ice cream I may have really relaxed a little. I slept great!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Hi Margee - Your review was complimentary and helpful to my future guests. Thank you. I'm sure my readers will appreciate reading about your experience here, as well as the area in general. Please return soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quechee
1.6 km away
4.2 km away
Applebutter Inn Bed and Breakfast
8.1 km away
Woodstock Inn and Resort

Been to Inn at Clearwater Pond? Share your experiences!