All reviews outdoor pool rooms are clean front desk staff church st staff was friendly exercise room cookies close to the airport sauna downtown burlington highway shuttle mall keurig campus
Reviewed 18 August 2018

Recently road tripped through the area and have been staying at Holiday Inn's. The wife travels for work so she is a gold star member. We've been in many Holiday Inn's over the years, from Bar Harbor, to Saratoga Springs, Ocean City, Montreal, and many more. This one is a pit. About on par with the Crowne Plaza in Pittsfield, MA. Aside from being old, which isn't a crime, ceiling heights are low. Don't expect to stand in a shower unless your 5'8" or under. Bedroom walls were peeling stucco revealing the old paint underneath. Furniture is marked up and we found leftovers in the refrigerator from previous guests. Perhaps they were meant as a means of a nosh. Finally of course was the non-working air conditioning. While we appreciate that things happen, the hotel knew about the problem for several days prior to our check in and wasn't forthcoming with the information. Long story short, we checked out earlier than planned and found nicer accommodations down the road. Not at all what I would have expected from someone with a Holiday Inn franchise. There are several others in the area, but with different management companies. I would advise avoiding C.S.A Property Management locations.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

If there was ever meant to be a poster child for why Holiday Inn is a dying brand, this is the place.

Decor circa 1980. The kind of hotel I felt compelled to keep my socks on the entire time though I’m not a germaphobe. Musty rooms. Brown lined tub. AC didn’t work so they had to give me a fan. I complained about it the first morning and when I returned in the evening the thermostat was still set to 50, which it would not have been if someone actually went in to look at it. They couldn’t give me another room because the hotel was completely booked.

The elevator wreaked of some unidentifIable nasty odor. All of these benefits for the insane rate of $200 per night. And while a previous post said there were signs posted regarding renovation, I am here to report that this is a total FALSEHOOD. No signs anywhere. No visual sighting of any renovation going on.

Avoid at all costs and spend your hard earned money elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2018

Bathroom dirty, room not sufficiently vacuumed, hallways with worn out carpets not vacuumed the whole time we stayed (2 days). Pools have scratchy, small, and not enough towels.Very noisy air conditioner.
Key cards often would not work; I made many trips to the desk (far from my room) to re-key. Elevator slow as molasses. Hotel needs major renovation and repair.
After complaining about the dirty bathroom I DID receive an apology and a discount, to the credit of the person in charge. Only time ever I had a disagreeable stay at a Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Stay near desk in case you have to run there with key problems.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Ellen P
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Lovely bright airy room - great TV and amenities. Good size equipped gym area. Enjoyed a couple of drinks in the bar which also serves snacks. Good portion size breakfast - very relaxed service. Shopping areas and a Centre over the road with restaurants and shops all in walking distance. Outdoor pool as well as indoor pool facilities. Free airport transport if needed. Busy but friendly atmosphere. Internet signal not so good in the room, need to go into reception for this. Perfectly situate for the arts and original shops and great coffee houses of Burlington.

Room Tip: The ground floor is good as easy access to free tea/coffee and the gym
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Very clean, well appointed, nice comfortable room, very comfortable bed. Highly recommend the on-site bar/restaurant. Front desk help: excellent. I was stranded by my airline and they 1. found me a room, 2. charged me a distressed traveler rate that was half their regular rate, 3. allowed me to check in an hour early so I could collapse. Only complaint is that the wifi in my room was very weak. Otherwise I would definitely stay there again, excellent experience. They have a free airport shuttle that is available around-the-clock.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo