“Nice Large Room”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Upon arriving, the staff was not very friendly and did not advise me of point status like most other Holiday Inns. I asked if I could get on higher than 2nd floor and was told that I couldn't due to room type....No explanation/alternative given. The king suite was very large with a comfy couch and bed, it was also very clean throughout with many small items in kitchen & bath. The best thing about this hotel however is that is next door to Lake-View Restaurant....well worth the visit for Pub food or fine dining options.

Room Tip: though room was large and clean, it was on the 2nd floor and person above me had heavy walk...I woul...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Hi Angela P,

Thanks for your recent overnight, we're glad to have hosted an IHG Rewards Club member. We consistently aim to provide smart and comfortable accommodations. That in mind, I'm pleased to see your kind remarks and stellar ratings for our pricing, room upkeep, and convenient location. On the downside, I'm sorry our staff missed to acknowledge your membership status and the assistance provided fell below your usual expectations. This is not the impression we'd like to leave our guests and be assured that this is shared with the team to help improve our service level.

I appreciate you letting us know about what transpired. I hope we get to welcome you back soon for a chance to make your next experience better than the last.

Safe travels,

Jillian I
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Our hotel room was quite gross to be honest. Upon entering I spotted a large spider above one of the beds, and another one the next day. The bath towels were dirty; one had what looked like mustard on it and the other had what looked like lipstick on it. The bathroom floor was full of mold, the bathroom door had something brown that had been spilled all over it and never cleaned up prior to the next guest occupants, all the floor boards were lined with thick dust. If these things are not being regularly cleaned I shudder to think about what else might not get cleaned.
There is one section of this hotel where my aunt was staying that is 100% better and appears to be newly renovated, which made it very hard to believe they have the audacity to charge people the same rates for these drastically different qualities. I will never stay here or refer anyone's else here ever again.

Room Tip: Best rooms are on the fourth floor in the 420 range because this area is new, otherwise do NOT book...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
FeliciaCharland, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations due to your room being unclean. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future. I hope you will give us a chance by staying with us again to show you that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 15 September 2017

We arrived, checked in and then found that the elevator in the lobby didn't go to the 5th floor (would have been nice to have been told!). We then had to go around the back, pick our way through the yellow tape and basically enter a building site. We found our room after going up the stairs (the workmen were blocking the elevator for their use), the number was taped to the door, there was little carpet in the corridor (besides the new stuff rolled up), workmen were painting. The room was newly refurbished but the air conditioning unit was old and we ended up pulling the socket out of the wall as it wouldn't turn up. There were no fire exit signs displayed or escape route maps in the rooms and there was building stuff in the corridors so I think it would have failed fire safety as the rooms should not have been being used until the work was finished. Windows were poorly fitting so we could hear everything from the carpark.

The breakfast had the worst selection of any "free breakfast" we have ever had anywhere.

On check-out I complained and was given some IHG points since the room had already been pre-paid on a 3rd party site. When I got home I found the even more annoying fact that they had also charged the full cost of the room to my credit card again even though they told me it had been pre-paid so they did know!

A complete disaster of a stay which was made far worse by poor staff who never even mentioned the building work.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Meggysmum

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at the Holiday Inn Express. I would like to start off by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations and for the staff not letting you know about the elevator getting to the 5th floor. The hotel is under renovations right now and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future. . We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible and again I do apologize for the experience you had.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Spent last Sunday at the hotel. Arrived at check-in time but was advised that the room was not ready. Returned 30 minutes later and got a room. Unfortunately, I was one of the lucky ones. Visited the lobby again 30 minutes later and observed many people waiting (60 minutes after the check-in time) for a room.

The next morning, went to the "restaurant" for the complimentary breakfast but there were no tables left.

Decided to just grab a coffee but the pots were empty.

The room itself was nice but we were on the third floor and could hear a loud humming noise occasionally. We think it was the motor for the hot tub (two floors below)

I will never return

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
FeliciaCharland, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn Express SOUTH BURLINGTON. I would like to start by apologizing to you for the inconveniences you faced during your stay with the wait time to get a room and there not being any tables left during breakfast. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we appreciate that you brought your experience to our attention. We take feedback seriously and will coach our team to make the necessary changes so we can provide a better experience in the future.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

We stayed here for our yearly weekend away in Vermont. It was our first time staying at this hotel. We knew when we booked it that it was under renovations but that didn't really affect us as we were just using it as a place to sleep and didn't spend much time there. It's right on route 7 and although traffic can be tricky it's a quick ride to downtown Burlington. We had a room in the newly remodeled part of the hotel which was nice. Everything still smelled brand new. The only complaints about the room was that the fitted sheet didn't stay on the bed during the night and the air conditioning unit must not have been replaced when they remodeled because it kept waking me up at all hours of the night (my husband didn't notice it like I did). We did take advantage of the newly renovated Pool/Hot Tub which was great. Breakfast was your standard Holiday Inn Express fair and we had not complaints except the attendant that was working it didn't seem very motivated to put out items when it was empty (people were going to the front desk asking why there was no coffee). I would recommend people stay here. Any complaints we had were minimal and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BetsyC10384
FeliciaCharland, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn Express SOUTH BURLINGTON. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the newly renovated room, pool and hot tub. I would like to apologize to you for there being no coffee. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we appreciate that you brought your experience to our attention. We take feedback seriously and will coach our team to make the necessary changes so we can provide a better experience in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
5.7 km away
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
5.3 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
5.6 km away
Hotel Burlington & Conference Center
5.3 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South? Share your experiences!