All reviewsfire pithawthorn suitesbeer and winefull kitchenlarge fireplacefree dinnerliving roommonday to thursdayhealthy livingdowntown burlingtonsuite hotelyogurtdorset streetlight dinnerlobby areahot tubpull out couch
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Booked a last minute room for one night. Staff were super friendly and helpful and check in, making it possibly the smoothest check in I’ve ever experienced. The room was lovely and very clean. The hotel and grounds were also lovely and well kept. We enjoyed being able to bring our dog, who was also super happy with the accommodations. Breakfast was delicious, and again, the staff were wonderful. It was an absolute delight to stay here, the location was very convenient, and we all really hope to return for another get away very soon.

Stayed: August 2018
Maddie S, Front Office Manager at Green Mountain Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Kirsten thank you for leaving such a wonderful review!
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us- and our staff loves when they can help a guest have the ultimate vacation experience! And of course, what would your vacation be without bringing along man's best friend?
We hope to see you again sometime in the future- next time you're in the Burlington area give us a call!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

We stayed for 5 nights. A relative stayed in a different suite for 3 nights. The rooms are very attractive and the regular beds are very comfortable. We found most of the staff to be very pleasant. Also, we were happy with the breakfasts and enjoyed the small gardens. The downsides were how expensive the rates are and that we did not get housekeeping service on 2 separate days even though we never put a "do not disturb" sign on our door. Our relative had the same experience one day - a bit of a problem because trash cans really needed to be emptied from the remains of a dinner we cooked one night. On the other hand, when we asked for a minor repair and fresh towels/extra blankets, these requests were fulfilled right away. The light evening dinners four nights a week are nice, but I was surprised to see that on Thursdays, it is a pork dish - insensitive to Muslim and kosher guests. We are neither, but would like to see this changed to an option that respects the diversity of likely guests.

Stayed: July 2018
Joshua S, General Manager at Green Mountain Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

I thank you for your feedback! I am happy to see you found the staff and breakfast! I am sorry for the housekeeping issues experienced. This has been addressed! I am glad it was fixed right away for you. We love to keep all our guests happy with a variety of complimentary evening social offering and fully respect our diverse guests. If you have a certain want or need please let us know ahead of time and we would gladly make it happen for you on a night you would be enjoying the social with us. We hope to see you back with us again.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Overall it was a nice stay nothing too bad or good. We stayed in April 2018 staff were friendly and helpful let us check in early. The rooms were adequate although updating is needed. The bed frame stuck out a bit more than expected and we had some bruised knees/shins where we would catch it as walking by. The pool area is nice and the food in the evening is ok although we ate out most of the time.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank Seanacko

Thanks for sharing your experience! Your feedback is important to us! Anything we can do to improve our rooms and food? I appreciate your loyalty coming back with us and hope to see you with us again!

Reviewed 4 August 2018

We stayed at Green Mountain Suites Hotel July 29, 2018 to August 1, 2018. Our room was great, the service was great. Had free breakfast every morning. Breakfast was a step up from what you would get at a Holiday Inn. Monday - Thursday they have a light dinner. We did the make your own sandwich on Monday night which was fine. Also there was free beer and wine available. My only complaint was that the couch in the living room was not very comfortable.
The hotel was only 10 minutes from the downtown area and from the Island Line Bike trail.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevator and pool.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I appreciate the 5 star review! I am happy to see that you found our location, breakfast, and dinner to your liking! Sorry about the sofa comfort. I hope to see you back with us again in the near future!

Reviewed 1 August 2018

We stayed at Green Mountain Suites July 15-17. This was our second visit to this hotel and we were really looking forward to our stay. Upon checking in and going to our room everything seemed to be fine and just the same as our last visit. My initial feeling was that Green Mountain Suites is very comfy and homey and when I think of Vermont I think of this type of establishment.

Our first night there my daughter was drinking milk in the kitchen area and spilled some on the floor. When I went to clean the floor with a paper towel, what I found thoroughly discussed me. The paper towel was black from the dirt and grime on the floor. It looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. When I reported it to the front desk, I asked them to clean it right away. (We were going out of the room for awhile and they assured me it would be cleaned when we returned.) When we came back to the room I took another paper towel and wiped the floor and the same amount of dirt and grime was on the towel again. (Meaning they did nothing to the floor). My husband went down to the front desk again to talk to someone. When he was telling the front desk he asked them what they used on the floor and the lady told him they use "natural" cleaning supplies. He said he wanted someone else to come when we were there and to bring some real cleaning supplies. When the housekeeper showed up she came with a bucket of water and mop. She told my husband that is all they use to clean the floors...water and a mop!!! This is incredibly unsanitary!! Do you know how much dirt and bacteria people track in on their shoes and since this is a pet friendly establishment, I can only imagine what some of the animals are doing on the floors and then not being properly cleaned?? I would never have expected this from an establishment that is so highly regarded. When you see how the cleaning is being done on the floors it makes you start looking at other places in the room....dirt on top of the refrigerator, 1/4 inch dust on the curtain rods, cobwebs, dirty dishes in the cupboards, dirt on the floors under furniture, etc. When my husband went back to the front desk to talk to them about this and show them pictures all they had to offer was a $30 refund! (I don't even care about a refund, I just wanted to let them know so that they can improve it in the future).

This establishment has some nice perks (evening meal/drinks and the morning breakfast) but overall the cleanliness is the number one requirement when I stay somewhere. If the cleaning isn't good, it makes you think what else isn't being done correctly.

I really hope that this can be addressed and more appropriate cleaning methods/supplies are used in the future for everyone's sake. I unfortunately do not think I will be returning to this hotel.

In addition, I sent all this feedback directly to Christopher M. Scott, General Manager and never received an acknowledgment to my feedback.)

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sloane1121
Maddie S, Front Office Manager at Green Mountain Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

We here at Green Mountain Suites Hotel would like to extend our deepest apologies for the experience you had while visiting our property.

I first would like to apologize that you did not get a response from our general manager- we were in a transition period as Mr. Scott was leaving and our new general manager Mr. Smith was arriving. It is possible that your email reached Mr. Scott after he had already said his goodbyes. Regardless, I will be passing all of this along to our new general manager, and I encourage you to call the hotel directly if you would like to speak to him about your understandably less than pleasant experience.

I assure you that the housekeeper in question was wrong in what she expressed to you- I was on duty while your husband came down to explain the situation and I and the housekeeping manager found that the housekeeper taking care of your room was a new hire of ours. We have since retrained her to clean up to our standards and with the proper products; I cannot stress enough how apologetic we are about this incident and her actions.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please reach out to us here at Green Mountain Suites Hotel. We appreciate that your family came to us with this, as it has helped us identify a lack in service that we will not be repeating.