“Great place to watch a game”
Review of Vermont SportsGrill - CLOSED

Vermont SportsGrill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I've been coming here for a couple of years, mostly to watch a big hockey game on the MANY televisions at SportsGrille. The food is great, atmosphere is fun, and there are great nightly specials that keep it interesting. Definitely recommend for a fun evening!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

The food was GREAT! I had the onion ale soup and the chili mac & cheese. I am very picky about the soup and I was pleased. My husband had chili and a mac & cheese. We shared a small plate of wings. The wings are huge! 3 each was plenty. Mix them with fries and you'd have a whole meal. I had a great appletini. Overall our experience was great. Good staff, good food, it was served fast and hot, great bar service. I would go back anytime. If you're looking for good comfort food I would recommend this place. Thanks to all the staff!

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I went to Vermont SportsGrill recently with my 3-year-old during the tail end of a heat wave. The place was completely empty at dinner (5:00 PM for us) barring two locals at the bar.

As a sports bar, there were enough TV's to give epilepsy to even the most stoic person. My kid loved it. The AC was nice on a hot day and we were seated without problem.

Our server seemed to be afraid of smiling. He did his part in offering drinks first, food next, good timing on clearing dishes, doggie bag, etc. but when it's done without even one smile, it feels totally different. Were we burdening him? Was something else going on in his head? Does he hate his job? As you may have guessed, no smile means no idle banter either. We were just a number.

Then the food arrived. Can't screw up a hot dog too badly so the kid was squared away. My buffalo chicken sandwich was served on bread so white it was blinding. And it was basically chicken strips with some buffalo sauce thrown on as an afterthought. Blue cheese crumbles too. It was very un-memorable. Bland, white bread competing with the fried chicken to clog my arteries, dull blue cheese... There was nothing exciting about it. Trust me, I didn't have high expectations considering what I ordered. But in truth, I wanted something economically reasonable and tasty and there were not a lot of options.

To top it off, the place had a pro-F35 sticker on the window. If you're from out of town and don't care, imagine basing ultra loud military bombers in the middle of your state's most populated city. Might be good for restaurant business, but horrible to live with.

I respect that the place is local, but the food is surely from antibiotic-laden mega cattle lots AND China. The service - at least on my visit - had room for improvement. And if they support F35s in Burlington, they clearly don't care about neighborhoods.

Chalking it up to experience and moving on.....

Reviewed 16 June 2013

My experience here was great. I thought that we got a LOT of food for our money and it was so fresh. This is something I pay attention to. You can tell if something is heated up or has been sitting on the grill. That was not the case here.
I look forward to going back soon and trying something else on the menu.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

We called ahead and told them we were coming the day before. Table of 14 and one waiter. They lost money because the waiter also had other tables and wasn't coming back to get people a second drink. The check was around $375.00 and that included the mandatory 18% tip which I would consider robbery given the slowness of service.
I ordered the seafood soup which was good but the Lobster Casserole for $22.98 was a joke. The lobster claw and meat was as good as shoe leather and it was put on top of mac and cheese. My friend ordered the burger with cheddar cheese and it arrived with something else and they took it back and it was obvious they took it off and slapped the right cheese on but didn't bother to melt it on.
Definitely will never be on my list of places to go again.
My Bill: two draft beers, lobster casserole and upgrade to a bowl of seafood soup from cup,plus tip - $41.00

1  Thank D P M