“Why bother....”
Review of Vermont SportsGrill - CLOSED

Vermont SportsGrill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 13 August 2014

If you want to go watch a game, this could be your place, but if you want good food, service or anything remotely close to those. I would look elsewhere......

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Its a nice clean sports bar but the food is too GREASY. A good variety from the Grill but it all comes with way too much fat. Heartburn guaranteed!

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I've been coming here for a couple of years, mostly to watch a big hockey game on the MANY televisions at SportsGrille. The food is great, atmosphere is fun, and there are great nightly specials that keep it interesting. Definitely recommend for a fun evening!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

The food was GREAT! I had the onion ale soup and the chili mac & cheese. I am very picky about the soup and I was pleased. My husband had chili and a mac & cheese. We shared a small plate of wings. The wings are huge! 3 each was plenty. Mix them with fries and you'd have a whole meal. I had a great appletini. Overall our experience was great. Good staff, good food, it was served fast and hot, great bar service. I would go back anytime. If you're looking for good comfort food I would recommend this place. Thanks to all the staff!

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I went to Vermont SportsGrill recently with my 3-year-old during the tail end of a heat wave. The place was completely empty at dinner (5:00 PM for us) barring two locals at the bar.

As a sports bar, there were enough TV's to give epilepsy to even the most stoic person. My kid loved it. The AC was nice on a hot day and we were seated without problem.

Our server seemed to be afraid of smiling. He did his part in offering drinks first, food next, good timing on clearing dishes, doggie bag, etc. but when it's done without even one smile, it feels totally different. Were we burdening him? Was something else going on in his head? Does he hate his job? As you may have guessed, no smile means no idle banter either. We were just a number.

Then the food arrived. Can't screw up a hot dog too badly so the kid was squared away. My buffalo chicken sandwich was served on bread so white it was blinding. And it was basically chicken strips with some buffalo sauce thrown on as an afterthought. Blue cheese crumbles too. It was very un-memorable. Bland, white bread competing with the fried chicken to clog my arteries, dull blue cheese... There was nothing exciting about it. Trust me, I didn't have high expectations considering what I ordered. But in truth, I wanted something economically reasonable and tasty and there were not a lot of options.

To top it off, the place had a pro-F35 sticker on the window. If you're from out of town and don't care, imagine basing ultra loud military bombers in the middle of your state's most populated city. Might be good for restaurant business, but horrible to live with.

I respect that the place is local, but the food is surely from antibiotic-laden mega cattle lots AND China. The service - at least on my visit - had room for improvement. And if they support F35s in Burlington, they clearly don't care about neighborhoods.

Chalking it up to experience and moving on.....