“Good Food - Not Great”
Review of Vermont SportsGrill - CLOSED

Vermont SportsGrill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 October 2014

I stopped by on a slow night (Tuesday) after having been provided with their address as a recommendation. The parking lot was packed and it took once around to find a spot. I sat at the bar for fast service and was a little taken back. Only one bartender and he hustled his butt off. He mentioned something to a local about having to terminate someone from the bar area and someone from behind the stove.

I thought it was a slow night but despite his best efforts, it was a really slow night for service.

I ordered a chicken and cheese Philly sandwich with onion rings. The bartender said I also would get the choice of a soup. Although I wasn't in the mood, I selected the chicken pot pie. It was excellent! The chicken and cheese Philly sandwich was also good. They skimped on the onion rings, but it was okay.

Better than average - but I wasn't expecting too much.

Lots of televisions and apparently a very busy place with a lot of staff when its later in the week and on the weekend.

If I'm ever back in Williston, I'll give it another shot.

1  Thank Owen A
Chris P, Owner at Vermont SportsGrill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2014

Thanks for the review. We appreciate your kinds words and we will take a look at your critique to see where we can improve. We are happy to hear you will be returning should be back in Williston and we can't wait to see you again. Best, Chris (Owner)

Reviewed 13 August 2014

If you want to go watch a game, this could be your place, but if you want good food, service or anything remotely close to those. I would look elsewhere......

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Its a nice clean sports bar but the food is too GREASY. A good variety from the Grill but it all comes with way too much fat. Heartburn guaranteed!

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I've been coming here for a couple of years, mostly to watch a big hockey game on the MANY televisions at SportsGrille. The food is great, atmosphere is fun, and there are great nightly specials that keep it interesting. Definitely recommend for a fun evening!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

The food was GREAT! I had the onion ale soup and the chili mac & cheese. I am very picky about the soup and I was pleased. My husband had chili and a mac & cheese. We shared a small plate of wings. The wings are huge! 3 each was plenty. Mix them with fries and you'd have a whole meal. I had a great appletini. Overall our experience was great. Good staff, good food, it was served fast and hot, great bar service. I would go back anytime. If you're looking for good comfort food I would recommend this place. Thanks to all the staff!