“Great night of tasty food, drinks, and games.”
Review of Picnic Social

Picnic Social
Ranked #29 of 102 Restaurants in Stowe
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Description: Picnic Social is closed for a temporary hiatus from April 15-early fall 2018. Located inside the recently renovated Field Guide hotel, Picnic Social is Stowe VT’s newest dining and drinking establishment. Simple, fresh, delicious, and sharable — the food at Picnic Social reflects the restaurant’s casual vibe and communal experience: juicy burgers and sharp-cheddar grilled cheese; sharable (and single portion) toasts, seasonal sides and salads, and much more.
Reviewed 8 August 2016

We tried to stop at a restaurant across the street but it had a long wait and after a day of outdoor adventures and swimming we were ready to eat. We were offered a choice of indoor our outdoor seating. Inside is fun looking like West Elm may have helped decorated the interior. We sat on the porch on one of the brightly painted orange picnic tables. There is a choice of both board and outdoor games to play while dining. There is also a large fire pit with Lincoln-log type seating.

There is a choice of large and small plates. We are a family that likes to try lots of foods and share and opted to order a variety of dishes. The double cheeseburger was amazing! I don't say this lightly, I am a bit of a burger snob and rarely am tempted to take a bite of a burger. I tried a bite and immediately another. It was outstanding! We ordered a small baked beans with cheese toast and the chef is clearly a fan of pork. The beans were great, not too sweet and were gobbled down by our group. The charcuterie plate was good, although we would have liked a little more of the amazing Vermont Cheese (it had only a small amount of cheddar). Next time we will order the cheese board. It is Vermont and there is going to be cheese on the menu, we ordered the grilled cheese with a spiced raspberry jam and crock of homemade pickles. My son got the crispy chicken sandwich and loved it.

For dessert, we got the smores skillet. It was a hit with the hazelnut chocolate ganache, homemade flax-seed graham crackers, and marshmallow cream.
We will be back!

2  Thank JCtravels4

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Design of the year for sure! The folks at Lark Hotels hit it out of the park with Picnic Social.

Been here a bunch of times-- adult birthday party involving prosecco ice pops and Jello-O shots, summer night outside dining and post dinner schmoozing by the fire and lots of family dinners!

My family loves Picnic Social. The attention to detail is so refreshing and vibrant.

And the food definitely matches the modern yet homey environment. First, the menu choices are fun, casual and Delish. The kids food options are equally satisfying. I named my review "tray chic" after the mod cafeteria trays that the food is served on.

Great prices. Don't tell them... It's inexpensive!

I love their collection of board games and such. Great for adults or kids of all ages.

It's always on our list and well, we live here!

3  Thank Zendiva
Reviewed 20 July 2016

We ate at Picnic Social while passing through Stowe for a night on a ten day motorcycle trip and had a blast! What a great concept! Great sharable food, fun relaxed atmosphere, definitely family friendly but not “kid focused” for those of us who don’t have them. The meal we had at Picnic Social ranked high on our list of favorite meals from the trip. The Smoked Trout Toast is not to be missed! Huge chunks of smoked fish artfully paired with dill aioli! The Crispy Chicken Sandwich was also a favorite!
Big thanks to the GM who engaged us in great conversation several times (good luck with that 5th child!) and our sweet server who’s name slips my mind (lovely girl from Canada!) for the warm hospitality! Please think of opening a franchise in Bloomington, Indiana! Cheers!

3  Thank beehostess
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

This was one of the best food experiences I've had in a very long time. A brand new restaurant in the heart of Stowe, Picnic Social lives to its name. Small plates suitable for sharing, an incredible outdoor patio atmosphere, a beautiful fire pit and boardgames. This place has something for everyone, veggie friendly, meat friendly, kid friendly. The service was phenomenal, friendly and very helpful as well.

Bring some friends, enjoy some local beers, grab a game and hunker down for some amazing grub at this one of a kind spot.

3  Thank Ben B
Reviewed 14 July 2016

Wonderful loving memories of Mr. Pickwick's Pub.And the great belly laughs with chefs, owner's, staff and there beautiful children all working in season together. So hard to make sure every one rang in a Happy New Year ! Love for your bare bones I feel your beautiful spirit all about! The menu nothing like I have seen in Stowe.At first I'm thinking this is not NE# trained style. Smoked Trout, but I'm not on the Gulf who smoke fish like no other..Perfect Surprise.Drinks menu with jello shots a first in town,for summer.Baked Beans. yum. Squish Pot very close to NY Long Branch style.Delish.Corn nice creamy base tasty.So I went between lunch and dinner this is great for all, on a family vacation.Meet for lunch ,before an event. It can handle a party or reunion for a quick amazing gathering.Sandwich Chicken,cheese Burger .Kids menu and pastry!You pick it and hand it in to your server,a special touch of paper trail history to the chef so their is no lack of communication.These Young respectful chef's are way ahead of peer's.

2  Thank Diana G