“Great outside spot”

The Blue Donkey
Ranked #3 of 3 Quick Bites in Stowe
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Our family stopped by this burger spot, it was a fun little joint! There were picnic tables outside we utilized. We had a very large group and we barely waited for or food it was great! There were outside games for the kids!

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Sooo I am not the best reference if you are a carnivore. But: if you are a vegetarian looking for a yummy veggie burger, this is the place for you. They will make any of their burgers using vegetarian patties, and have gluten free bread options if you have celiac as well. My favourite is their Southwest burger, so worth the calories (spicy deliciousness)... And the fries are pretty good for the US too (I'm from Quebec and we do the best fries lol). A touch expensive for a burger, but that's Stowe for you. Great for takeout, or eat in during the summer on their little patio. Near the recreation path so you can stop during a summer bike ride.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 5 January 2018

The boyfriend and i popped into Blue Donkey just as we were leaving Stowe to head back to Boston — we figured we needed sustenance for the road. I got the brisket while my boyfriend got the burger. He received his burger pretty quickly but my brisket took a surprisingly long amount of time to arrive, when it finally did I could see what the wait was for. The meat was piping hot and cut into nice thick slabs, the dish was accompanied by coleslaw and onion rings (which were fabulous). The brisket was as delicious as it looked and from my first bite I was totally in love. My boyfriend also insists that the burger is the best he's ever had — high praise. Our only issue was perhaps the lack of ambience and the fact that things were a touch pricy.

A tip: If you're with a buddy have them find a seat while you're ordering,

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 26 December 2017

dry over done burger with not many toppings, Bread mediocre.
this place is trying to server a basic burger but not done well. priced high for what it is.
ambience is sparse, this place needs work.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 11 December 2017

We arrived in Stowe fairly late in the evening and didn't realize that most restaurants shut fairly early, so quickly stopped in at the blue donkey.
They were just shutting up and getting ready to go home but were more than happy to stay open an extra half hour or so for us to have something to eat.
The owner was really friendly and sat outside with us and had a chat while we were waiting for our food.
I had the hot dogs which were amazing! loved the buns (folded over fried bread)
Would definitely recommend for anyone looking for a quick bite to eat.

Date of visit: September 2017