“The Best French Onion Soup”
Review of Charlie B's

Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rte 108
Transit: During the Winter season the Stowe Trolley stops at Charlie B"s.
Description: This fun, vibrant restaurant is a Stowe tradition with a festive atmosphere. Celebrate Vermont, in our friendly cozy bar abundant with your favorite wines by the glass, martinis, and local beers. Cozy full size high-back booths and fireside tables are perfect for couples night out and lively family excursions. Share a slice of Vermont with delicious, mouthwatering American and Spa Cuisine created with many locally grown and produced foods. Choices include a Grilled Cajun Ribeye, Seared Crab Cakes, Fish & Chips and a Kid-approved menu. Summer brings deck dining and winter, apres ski and live music on select weekends.
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Charlie B's looked like a nice place, kind of like a resort with lots of flowers outside so we chose to eat here. The music was really nice, soft rock. They brought warm bread right away and took our order. My wife ordered the French Onion Soup which she says is one of the best she's ever had. We also ordered the Vermont Sample plate that included ribs, BBQ chicken, pulled pork, coleslaw, and fries. My wife thought everything was very good and since she is more into BBQ than me, I gave it a five. The cost for sharing this was about $35. Would I come back? Yes, for my wife.

1  Thank true2david

Reviewed 31 May 2017

The restaurant is big. It has a nice decoration. We didn’t review much the menu. We were something simple less complicated. We picked a salad with chicken and a hamburger. They did not disappoint. The portions were adequate. I must say, it was tasty. My chicken was a bit overcooked however it was not a minus regarding the taste.

1  Thank Nedelka M
Reviewed 30 May 2017

Every other place we wanted to go had 30-90 minute waits, so we saw a few cars in the lot and knew we could get a table. The first impression of the restaurant is carpeting and upholstery in need of a really good cleaning after taking on that grease smell. We were seated at a sticky booth and got menus and specials. This is the kind of place that has me ordering food according to what is less likely to kill me than by what I really want. For appetizers, the wife got a spinach/artichoke dip with gluten-free bread and veggies and I got Poutine. Both were good. For entrees, we got a chicken Cesar and a turkey club with a side salad. The kicker is that the food was quite good, but the mood of the place and servers did not instill confidence. The price also matched a top grade restaurant down the street, so it is a bit expensive for the overall experience. The servers were very nice, but you got the feeling they wanted to be anywhere else but Charley B's.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

After driving past on Saturday and seeing the parking lot full, we decided to give it a try. If I based the review on my meal alone I would've given it 5 stars. They have quite an extensive list of wines. we chose a lovely Pinot Grigio. For the table we shared the spinach artichoke dip which was delicious. Who knew that fried pita chips could be so tasty? I ordered the Grilled Cajun Ribeye. It was tender and cooked to perfection. Their mashed potatoes were delicious and the Haricots Vere were crisp and fresh just like I like them. My friend ordered the prime rib special. It was served with the same sides. The meat however was slightly tough and served warm at best.
The decor is lovely. Looks like a traditional ski lodge. The bar area is very warm and inviting. A large fireplace surrounded by windows and plenty of benches.
I can't wait to go back when it's snowing, sit by the fire and watch the snow fall!

1  Thank Jill M
Reviewed 19 May 2017

Had a large group (12) and called ahead for a table.. showed up and there was only one other couple in restaurant at the time.. so the service was great. The food was OK, nothing special and basic. Decor was tired, felt like ski lodge from the early 90's.. Has potential for sure!

Been to Charlie B's? Share your experiences!