“Turkey Sandwich”

Ranked #9 of 102 Restaurants in Stowe
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Definitely try the turkey sandwich, the bread is incredible. The turkey is real turkey and the cheddar is really good too.
I also had the wedge salad and it came with green goddess dressing, very good.

WhipStoweVT, General Manager at Whip Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

We love the turkey sandwich, too, it is definitely a favorite on the menu. Glad you enjoyed the wedge salad, too! Hope you visit us again soon!

Patti Clark

Write a ReviewReviews (1,101)

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel is fabulous but for us the restaurant was decidedly average. It may have been because we had eaten out the previous two nights on Main Street but this didn't do it for us. Nothing particularly wrong with it but no sparkle. Enjoy the hotel facilities and eat out would be my recommendation.

2  Thank Richard L

I am sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your dining experience with us. I do hope that you will give us another chance to impress you.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

“The Great Antique Car Show” was in town on the days we were visiting so we were advised to make reservations in advance for dinner. Since we were staying at the Green Mt. Inn (where this restaurant is located) we chose dinner here. We entered and decided to sit at the bar as we enjoy conversing with bartenders and finding out local information. Our bartender was attentive to a point but was hampered by a loud, boastful patron who had, by his own loud admission, been at the bar for four hours already. It was difficult not to stare! Our opinion of the restaurant is probably colored by this character, but we stayed for dinner and enjoyed the food. I ordered the ‘traditional’ Thanksgiving dinner which had some of the most tender, moist turkey I have ever tasted. Frankly, I could eat Thanksgiving dinner every day! Served with perfectly mashed, traditional potatoes, green peas, sausage stuffing, and rich turkey gravy, I was in Thanksgiving Heaven! Hubby opted for a lighter meal, but joined me to eat a portion of my dinner (LOL). He enjoyed a hearty portion of unseasoned (at his special request) chicken wings with blue cheese dressing and finished his plate. A good choice for dinner slightly marred by an overly talkative, loud-mouthed bar patron. (BTW: We left for ice cream down the street, came back an hour after finishing dinner, and the LMBP was still there holding court!)

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your meal, the turkey dinner is a favorite for sure! I apologize that there was a patron that effected your dining experience at the Whip. We understand how distracting that can be. I hope that you will join us again and have a quieter, more enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

My family and I were in Stowe for the first time and were looking for a place to have dinner. There was an hour wait at our first choice, but the hostess recommended Whip which was right across the street. After an almost ten minute wait to be seated we were greeted by our friendly and attentive server who took our drink orders and answered questions we had about the menu. She brought a basket of rolls that were still warm and quickly disappeared. We ordered the maple Buffalo wings which were delicious--cooked just right with a tangy hot sauce tempered with a touch of maple syrup. My daughter wanted to try the gazpacho--a special that night--but after a spoonful she passed it over to me. I found it to be overwhelmed by onion and especially green pepper as well as lacking salt and flavor in general. Thankfully the salt and pepper shakers at the table improved the soup enough to make it semi-palatable. Our entrees arrived in a timely manner and were hit or miss. My son had the salmon which he rated a "10 out of 10." However, the corn risotto that accompanied it was completely flavorless--it was as if the chef forgot to include any seasoning. The topping was even worse--a small amount of crabmeat and breadcrumbs that tasted like it was doused with vegetable oil and then never put under the broiler. My wife had the crabcake (from the appetizer menu) which she said was delicious. My daughter opted for the seared tofu with ramen noodles. The ramen suffered the same problem as the gazpacho and risotto--a total lack of flavor. As a result the tofu was also bland. This dish was hugely disappointing considering its $18.50 price. I was torn between a cheeseburger and the homemade black bean burger and at the server's suggestion went with the bean burger. It was served on a fresh bun with lettuce, tomato, onions, and a pickle spear. Unfortunately the burger was very dry and not very flavorful. The fries that came with it however were very tasty. For dessert my daughter wanted to try the maple creme brûlée and it was sweet and creamy with just the right amount of maple flavor.
Overall Whip was frustratingly inconsistent. Unfortunately, the "hits" were canceled out by the really really bad "misses."

1  Thank RWVal
WhipStoweVT, General Manager at Whip Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

The comments regarding your recent dining experience are appreciated and taken seriously. I will share them with the Executive Chef and Food and Beverage Manager. We strive to provide consistently fresh and delicious cuisine. I apologize that your experience was inconsistent and that we did not meet your expectations. We will strive to make improvements to avoid other customers having a similar dining experience. I hope that if your travels bring you to Stowe in the future that you will choose to once again dine at the Whip Bar and Grill.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We were in Stowe for the day and stopped for an early dinner. Nice dining area's and our meals were excellent. The cold gazpacho was refreshing and the salad and crab cake was very good as well. We would dine here again. Service was fast. Nice patio for dining although we dined inside.

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your meals! Please visit us again soon!

Patti Clark

Been to Whip Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!