All reviews robin room my husband and i pancakes the mad river valley great hosts private bathroom tree swing common areas breakfast was delicious mountain biking decorated beautifully hope to return soon slept like a baby thoroughly enjoyed our stay adirondack chairs big fireplace at home
Reviewed 14 July 2016

The Wilder Farm Inn is a charming getaway if you're looking to take a break away from the busy hustle and bustle of modern life and take a step back, to a more simple and relaxing time. The lovingly restored Victorian B&B main building has comfortable rooms with modern details added to the decor. But don't worry, you're not completely in the past, there's great wifi provided at the inn, so you won't be completely off the grid, but the pace of life in Waitsfield, VT is clearly slower with a close-knit, but friendly community. Luke and Linda are very welcoming hosts and are happy to recommend places to see and good local restaurants. Luke's recommendation of "Peasant," a local italian restaurant, was spot on, as the food was excellent. The surrounding mountains and countryside are beautiful and there are plenty of places for hiking, biking or taking advantage of the very clean natural swimming holes.

Breakfasts are hearty, filling and delicious..the blueberry pancakes were my favorite.

I recommend taking a trail ride at the Icelandic horse farm, about 3.5 miles away from the Wilder Farm. If you're an equestrian, it's a rare treat to be able to "tolt," which is a unique gait to the Icelandic horse and is incredibly smooth.

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed 13 July 2016

This was my first time staying at a B&B, and Luke and Linda were fantastic hosts offering comfortable accommodations and great food in a convenient location right off of 100. I stayed here for the Mad Marathon weekend and the location was perfect - near enough to the race expo/start/finish, and easily accessible to explore other local attractions in Waterbury and Stowe.

I stayed in the Country Life room, which was beautifully decorated with a spacious private bathroom. The bed was SO comfortable...and I loved the sheets! Breakfast was delicious, as was the homemade peach cake that was there upon my arrival - definitely a highlight of the trip!

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2016

This wonderful Inn is owned and managed by two kind and professional people. The Inn is very welcoming and full of nice details. The owners were very accommodating with our requests.
The rooms are lovely, and the breakfast is delicious. The tea assortment, available through the day, is very nice.

Room tip: All the rooms are very nice.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
WilderFarmInn, Owner at Wilder Farm Inn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2016

It was a pleasure having your family & friends stay with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

Looking for a warm welcome and quaint slice of Vermont? Wilder Farm is the place to find both. Bonus: the breakfast is exceptional! I enjoyed fresh berries, yogurt, homemade granola and bread during my stay... But the best was the homemade crepe filled with eggs, kale, tomatoes and cheddar cheese. The inn has the historic creeks of a well traveled New England Inn, but is well cared for and nicely decorated. I was surprised to enjoy a very spacious bathroom, reminiscent of more modern lodgings. The wifi was slow during my visit, but I've heard from others that they experienced no problems. Highly recommend if you're staying in the Waitsfield area.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
WilderFarmInn, Owner at Wilder Farm Inn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2016

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and the kind words! It was our pleasure meeting you. Sorry about the WIFI, the plug slipped out of the router. We don't personally use that connection so it was not noticed until we made a check of connections the following morning.
We hope to see you soon on your next VT business visit!

Reviewed 26 June 2016

THE inn keepers are friendly and were great. THE FOOD was fantastic loved the room close to stuff to see. Will definitely return off to stowe and Killington lots to see beautiful country. Hope you are hungry

Room tip: Ask about steps
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Glad we fill you up! See you next time!