All reviews robin room my husband and i pancakes the mad river valley great hosts private bathroom common areas breakfast was delicious mountain biking decorated beautifully slept like a baby thoroughly enjoyed our stay adirondack chairs big fireplace at home four nights close proximity
Reviewed 9 October 2016

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Wilder Farm B&B. Luke and Linda are fabulous hosts, the old farmhouse is very warm and open, and the food was fabulous. Visit the area and find Stowe VT, Smuggler's Notch, and the gondola up the mountain.

Great place, plan on returning as soon as possible

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
WilderFarmInn, Owner at Wilder Farm Inn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2016

Thanks for the nice review. So glad you had a good time here. We are looking forward to visiting your neck of the woods sometime!

Reviewed 24 August 2016

My college-age daughter and I enjoyed an almost-perfect long weekend, thanks in very large part to our lucky selection of Wilder Farm Inn as our home base. My criteria were simple: a reasonable drive from the Burlington Airport (45 min), a room with two beds, an interesting area to explore, and favorable reviews. We signed up for a pottery offering as a focal point.

What we got was far, far more. Aside from our very comfortable, spacious room and the amazing, delicious, creative breakfasts, we thoroughly enjoyed Luke's clear, informative, and super-supportive potter's wheel tutoring from an amazing talented master. We were delighted to get in tune with our inner potters. Just as fun, however, were Luke's spot-on recommendations for exploration in the area -- the gardens at the von Trapp Greenhouse, for example, were a stunning discovery and our woods walk off Dobbins Mill Road was just right for a late afternoon window of time.

Whether chatting with hosts Luke and Linda or newfound fellow travelers at the inn (who quite understandably are regulars), playing games, reading, or just relaxing, we couldn't have had a better chance for mother-daughter bonding this past weekend. We want to become regulars too!

Thank you, Luke and Linda, for your warm hospitality. We hope to see you again soon.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
WilderFarmInn, Owner at Wilder Farm Inn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Thank you so much! We love when our guests enjoy the spots that we LOVE! Looking forward to your next lesson!

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and I loved our stay at Wilder Farms to celebrate our anniversary! Luke and Linda are great hosts, breakfasts are amazing, creative, prepared with fresh ingredients, varied and served in Luke's craft pieces. I loved picking out a hand made mug for my coffee each morning. Beautiful pottery pieces are displayed throughout the dining room. The beds are so comfy with dreamy quilts and pillows, and more artwork to enjoy. We also were given great insider tips each day for area hiking, restaurants and water spots. We will definitely be back! Thanks for everything Luke and Linda

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
WilderFarmInn, Owner at Wilder Farm Inn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2016

We are so glad that you enjoyed your anniversary getaway! It was nice getting to know you & we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 9 August 2016

The Wilder Farm Inn is a picturesque B&B in the Mad River Glen of Waitsfield Vermont. My husband and I decided to take an extended weekend for our first anniversary here. We had so much fun, ate a lot of good food, enjoyed the Vermont culture, and left feeling a little lighter. We both felt so relaxed at the inn. The house feels like a home that is decorated very posh, and country chic. I would walk down the hall and peek into the rooms of guests that were to arrive that day and be wowed by the decor. Linda, one of the inn owners, should be a professional decorator! I encourage all guests to take some time before they go to bed and sit in the chairs in the front and star gaze for a while. Never have I seen such a beautiful night sky before. The breakfast that is served every morning has all local ingredients and tastes absolutely delicious! From pancakes to waffles, and egg dishes to strawberry shortcakes, the breakfast alone is reason enough to travel to this inn. The inn keepers Linda and Luke are so friendly and take care of your every need. They give great reviews of things to do and places to eat in the area. Their motto is, "come as guests and leave as friends," and I can't imagine someone leaving their inn without feeling that sense of friendship. This truly is a little piece of paradise!

Room tip: The cape room is so pretty!
Date of stay: August 2016
1  Thank Marissa R
WilderFarmInn, Owner at Wilder Farm Inn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2016

Thank you for the lovely review. We will see you for Anniversary # Two!

Reviewed 24 July 2016

The Waitsfield-Warren area is wonderful ... Waitsfield is larger than most communities in Vermont with a great variety of restaurants and a few nice shops to explore as well as bakeries. There is a covered bridge with a refreshing swimming hole. I made a wise decision to come to this area.

When I looked at the Wilder Farm website it was difficult to choose a room. Each one has it's own style and each is charming. Our room had an extra large bathroom which was awesome. The room itself was cozy and the decor was beautiful. The bed was comfortable.

When we pulled into the B & B and saw the swing I was enchanted.... I love tree swings. The grounds has nice areas to relax and hammocks! There are nice common areas inside, all nicely decorated with vintage.

The breakfast area was lovely and a chalkboard menu is posted with a nice variety. The food was satisfying and delicious, large portions with two courses.

What I love also are the treats that are left out... so thoughtful. The bestest peanut butter cookies and delish brownies another day.

The floors are creaky however, that adds to the charm of an older house.

Room tip: all rooms have a unique style, cannot go wrong!
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
WilderFarmInn, Owner at Wilder Farm Inn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2016

Thanks for staying with us. We too made a wise decision to come to this area of Vermont! We hope to see you again.

Luke & Linda