All reviewsmike and sandifront porchcookiesmy husband and ijacuzzi tubwonderful hostsb bsrooms are spaciousrocking chairseach morninglook forwardwonderful stayhome cookedsmall refrigeratorother guestsliving roombreakfast was delicious
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We spent one night at this bed & breakfast last week and I really can't say enough good things about it. It is centrally located in VT and the views from this b&b are amazing.......the mountain view across the street looks like a painting! The room was spacious, very comfortable (loved the sheets and fluffy towels!) and extremely clean! I believe that there are 8 rooms on about 10 acres of land. Our friends stayed in one of the other rooms and also were very pleased. The owners are very nice and helpful with anything that you need! They live on the property but not actually in the b&b. The breakfast that we had was very good also and some lemon cookies that the owner made were also yummy..........we asked for a copy of the recipe which she glady gave to us! Highly recommend this b&b. You won't be sorry!

Reviewed 14 October 2017

I recently stayed here for the first time with my son. It is in a lovely location. Peaceful and relaxing with great views. The room was very spacious and spotlessly clean as well as the bathroom. Our beds were so comfortable and we were able to keep our windows open and just have the ceiling fan on and the room was the perfect temperature. Our hosts were extremely personable and were always available for a chat or to answer questions. When I was setting out in the morning Sandra pulled out some maps and marked off all the perfect places for me to visit when I told her what I was looking for which proved to be a great help because I would've missed out on a lot of spots if she hadn't pointed them out to me. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a B&B experience in Vermont and the area is just lovely in Waitsfield

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2017

We stayed at the Yellow Farmhouse Inn for 5 nights in early October. As another reviewer recently called it " Paradise" and we agree! It was a great location to explore beautiful Vermont.
Mike and Sandra are such gracious hosts. They were always available to answer questions and offer suggestions of places to go and later would ask how our day went. It is very evident that Mike and Sandra work hard and enjoy seeing their guests have a wonderful stay. They create a wonderful atmosphere.
The breakfasts were wonderful and the cookies every afternoon were delicious as well.
Our room was spacious and immaculate with wonderful views of the countryside.
It was a peaceful setting and very relaxing.
Would highly recommend the Yellow Farmhouse Inn and their wonderful hosts!
Thank you, Mike and Sandra for a wonderful time. You're the BEST!

Reviewed 13 October 2017

Mike and Sandra are outstanding hosts. This was testified to by the many couples we met that were repeat customers. Sandra created a different, superb breakfast each morning of our 7 day stay. She then followed that up with a different cookie treat each afternoon. They were so good; I wasn't even tempted by desert at any of the excellent dining establishments that Mike recommended.
The inn has an wonderful location overlooking the valley and Highway 100, but situated nearly a mile from the highway so there is almost no noise. The rooms were well furnished. My sensitive wife was even able to enjoy a good nights sleep on the bed in the Nicole room. The room and attached bath were spotless.
The inn has a wonderful front porch with rocking chairs situated perfectly for us to watch the sunrise as well as the rise of the Harvest Moon this year. They also have a patio off the breakfast room that overlooks a pasture next door that is wonderful for afternoon tea and cookies or a summer breakfast.
A highlight of the day was the evening in the common room. We would share a glass of wine and discuss our days experiences and plans for the next day. Each evening Mike would drop by to make sure everyone was well taken care of and answer any questions. He would usually stick around for a few minutes and join the general conversation.
Waitsfield is well situated for a base camp with most of Vermont within a couple hours drive. We were able to visit attractions on all four edges of the state on our daytrips. It has a village atmosphere but delivers several outstanding dining options.

Room Tip: For a view of the valley and sunrise pick either the Jacqueline or Catherine rooms on the second floor front.
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Mike was very helpful in finding all the things to see in the area and there were plenty. The waterfalls and foliage was amazing. This B&B was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was different and pretty but not my kind of breakfast. The commode was back in a very small space. A large person would have difficulty. The shower is just a little stall. You can turn around but that is it. You can't take a shower without washing your hair. I loved the atmosphere of the B&B talking to the other guests. All in all, it was a pleasurable visit. I would recommend it.

Stayed: October 2017