“The stars are out!”
Review of Cooper Hill Inn

Cooper Hill Inn
Ranked #7 of 12 Dover B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I purchased an Amazon local special for 2 nights. It's a lovely ride there & at the top of the hill it's incredible! What a great view! Lee & Charles were so friendly & fun to converse with. Breakfast was good & just enough. Loved the bottle of wine when we arrived, which was part of the package. At night, the sky was a ceiling of stars & very romantic. There was a spacious living room to watch tv or read, if you felt like. The only things I wish were different was that the room needed a/c or a fan. It was a little warm at night. The shower water pressure is a little weak. Other than that, it was a great place to relax & decompress. We'd definitely return for another weekend!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AreciboGirl

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Lee and Charles were incredibly nice and hospitable. We immediately felt at home; the suite was clean, quiet and had breathtaking views of the mountain. The sunrise on our last day was epic! It's definitely worth asking for a room with a view. The food was great too. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 13 February 2014

This was our first time staying at a B&B and it was amazingly cozy, welcoming, and the view from our room was of the VT mountains. Charles & Lee, the owners were very accommodating. Saturday night Asian dinner was cooked by Lee Wheeler, who grew up in Taiwan, needless to say her home cooking was "masarap" (Filipino for delicious). The deluxe king sized room was very clean, cozy, we even had a small automatic fireplace, a one person couch, jacuzzi, I even had room to put down my yoga mat facing the window with the spectacular view. We also had access to a balcony that had some chairs, but we did not use it since it was too cold. They have a huge common room on the 2nd floor with high ceilings, that has a tv, chess, couches, a throw blanket, and the other spacious family room is on the first floor that has a fireplace with access to a huge indoor porch. Lots of magazines and books to peruse, the travel books I looked at included Hawaii and New Zealand. A very eclectic home with a mix of Asian decor, Victorian, and American decor. They had a pitcher of fresh water filled with their well water available at all times in the dining area. Breakfast served daily from 7:30-9am was delicious. Lee makes really good French toast. Charles also recommended Timber Creek Mountain for cross country skiing, which turned out be great as well as his recommendation to eat at Roadhouse Inn for dinner. The only thing I wished they had were a couple of rugs since the bathroom floor was so cold. I used some of the hand towels as "rugs" during our stay. Otherwise, my boyfriend and I can't wait to come back, especially to experience Cooper Hill Inn in the spring/summer time.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We also had a Living Social voucher which led us to this wonderful inn located in Southern Vermont. As everyone has said, the views from the back and especially, the front of the inn are absolutely breathtaking! Charles and Lee are wonderful hosts and we especially loved Lee's Cooking/History class. Charles pointed out different attractions in the area which we took advantage of in our short, but enjoyable stay. Make sure to wander down around the gardens in the back - simply gorgeous!

Room Tip: We were able to peek into many of the bedrooms and they all look lovely - you won't be disappoin...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2013

After all the amazing reviews, my girlfriend and I went in with high expectations. Charles and Lee, these kind-hearted and sweet hosts, met and exceeded everything that we expected.

Hands down, the location cannot get any better - the inn is situated at 2400 feet, with a stunning view over the mountains. It is so peaceful and quiet that it's hard not to be captured by the magic of the place. We even saw fireflies the first night as we were sitting on the grass with the awesome bottle of wine that Charles provided us with as part of the Livingsocial package.

The place itself has character, it's an inn with over a dozen room, but the rooms are quite spacious. It dates from 18th century, but it's quite well maintained. There is a smell of mold in some parts, but not where the guest rooms are. For an old place, that's to be expected and it's by far nothing compared to how clean the place is - spotless, from the bathrooms to the kitchen. The old furniture definitely adds to the experience.

The hosts were a pleasure to spend time with. They are cheerful, wise and accommodating people who definitely enjoy what they are doing. Lee prepared the most amazing Asian dinner, beating the best fine-dining restaurants I've ever been to - if she can cook for you one of the nights you're spending there, believe me, it's more than worth it! And both my girlfriend and I are foodies! So it's amazingly high praise coming from us! Charles made awesome breakfasts - yummy french toast and the most yellow and fluffy and tasty scrambled eggs with crispy bacon!

There is a lot more to say, but I'll cut it short since I already miss this place! I'm definitely going back (I'd consider driving down from Montreal even just for dinner and one night!). I would recommend the Cooper Hill Inn to anyone who wants to relax, who enjoys wise and cheerful company and wants to experience some of the best Asian food that you can possibly have!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view! Definitely worth it, despite the sun in the morning!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple