“Peaceful and cozy stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bridgewater
Bridgewater Inn & Cottage LLC
Ranked #1 of 3 Bridgewater B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 November 2017

It was a delightful weekend and within walking distance to the grounds of the college campus. I was thrilled to be able to leave my car parked during my stay; it eliminated the frustration of having to find a place to park on campus during Homecoming weekend. Mary was very gracious, breakfast was huge, and the room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 January 2017

Read before you book here as there is no daily housekeeping and you have to clean your breakfast dishes as Mary serves breakfast to your room - not served in common area. The house - you only get very limited area inside - and the rooms are very cluttered and in need of deep cleaning and updating. Bathroom amenities were old and very small bathroom. Kitchen cabinets and refrigerator was dirty and items from prior guests left in there. Very old and tired utensils and dishes provided in kitchen. Cats roaming on property. Would not stay again here. The breakfast was tasty and the bathroom towels were nice - that's about all we can say positive about this B&B.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Ms.Virginia, Owner at Bridgewater Inn & Cottage LLC, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2017

As it says on entry page on my site , Vacation Rental/ Bed & Breakfast. After 15 yrs of business I am still amazed how many people buy things and don't look or read about what they purchased. This family stayed in the 2 bdrm apartment ,1 bath, full kitchen ,liv/din rom @ $140.00 for 4 guest a night Yes spices. boxed mac.n.cheese ,tea bags boxed etc in kit. Most never read the Confirmation I send about room service bfast. If your buying something .......... an educated consumer is a smart consumer.....

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

We were charmed by our accommodations and our hostess Mary was so wonderful and attentive. We enjoyed the grounds and the tandem bicycle! Our breakfast was simply delish and made fresh with fresh ingredients. Will be back! Thanks for a wonderful stay

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2016

Was in town for a family reunion. Stayed with my mother in the guest room, downstairs, for three nights. Huge, delicious breakfasts. Large comfortable bed. Beautiful yard, lots of birds. Nice shady place to park. Did not have time to use the hot tub, the barn, or the bicycles, but they looked nice.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Ms.Virginia, Owner at Bridgewater Inn & Cottage LLC, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2016

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts. I appreciate this as most happy guest do not. Hope to see you all again !

Reviewed 16 June 2016

First of all, the positives! This is a cute house, with great privacy, and the suite works for a couple or even a family (two rooms!). There's a great little kitchenette, too, with a fridge and oven. The owner is absolutely kind and helpful, and breakfast was HUGE and delicious. The barn would be a great place to hang out with a crowd. We enjoyed the tandem bike, because why not give it a try? The massage was rescheduled to fit our schedule better without a problem, and we really appreciated that. The jacuzzi was a hit with the husband, and easy to get at, and clean. There are movies, books, some games and all kinds of random things you might want in cabinets, drawers, and closets if you care to look.

Downsides? From least to greatest. The "dessert" in the romantic getaway package turned out to be a bowl of chocolate candies, maybe from Halloween and Valentines Day, and the cheese plate was in fact just Laughing Cow and Baby Bell cheese. The floor is noticeably sloped and the windows, the ones that open, were crazy to open (two windows with latches in front of each other) and control over the air temperature was minimal, though not a problem in early spring. Our room wasn't entered without us after we checked in--no cleaning, bed service, etc. That might be a plus for some. The rooms needed a good thorough cleaning--sweeping and mopping, as well as scrubbing around the toilet and tub, etc. The caulk was gross, and there was some mold on the walls, scum in the tub, and the most amazingly large dust bunnies under the bed (had to see if a shoe had gone under there, or I wouldn't have looked). I think a vacuum had been run on the rug, as the suite smelled a bit like burnt rubber, which I attributed to a vacuum, but the wood floor was very covered in dust. I think the toilet and sink were probably sanitized with the cleaning wipes in there, but no details were attended to, and it made me really disappointed as far as my "deal" I found for a romantic get-away. If you know going in, maybe it wouldn't be such a let-down, so I thought I'd go ahead and write the review, though I feel a bit torn.

I think if Mary hired a housekeeper, perhaps a local college student, to come in afternoons and do the cleaning, perhaps it'd be more manageable. She's a wonderful lady, but is perhaps overwhelmed at this point to do all the cleaning. If you can get over that dust, it really is a nice little bed and breakfast.

Tips: Ask to order breakfast as you check in, and how to get the jacuzzi going so she'll get it warming up, as it takes some time. Check out the tandem bike and other bikes and helmets in the barn. There's a little park you can ride to that's very close.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple

I would appreciate it when guest speak to me about a problem ,then it can be fixed.
There is no dessert in the Kiss package just,2 dinners, 2 bfast, champagne, box of chocolates and sparkling water cheese/cracker are always in frig, free for guest. Bowl
of candy is free and always in rooms ,mostly chocolates and not from Halloween or what ever they said. I would suggest a large full service BnB ,like By the Side of the Road in Harrisonburg next time . Thank you , Mary

Been to Bridgewater Inn & Cottage LLC? Share your experiences!