“Clean, quiet, and cheap”
Review of Motel 6 Bristol

Motel 6 Bristol
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 10 February 2012

After a long day of driving from Arkansas, we were absolutely determined to get through Tennessee before stopping for the day. Bristol, Virginia was just over the state line, so we made for it. The Motel 6 wasn't our first choice, but it had vacancies and it was pretty cheap. For two young(ish) guys to crash for the night, it was fine. Parking lot was well lit and freshly paved. The late-night guy at the desk didn't seem too thrilled to see us but he grudgingly got us checked in. Room was clean and reasonably new. Looks like the whole place has had a recent makeover. The renovation was a little slapdash, though; there was an electrical outlet with no cover plate, and the bathroom door didn't close (the doorknob was about 1/4" too low for the jamb). We didn't really care, but I can certainly see how someone else - women in particular - might have a problem with that. Toiletries were pretty okay. The place was quiet enough that we got a good sleep and were up and out early in the morning. The morning desk guy (he HAS to be the night guy's brother) was much more cheerful. Good place to stop when you just HAVE to get the hell out of Tennessee.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 February 2012

Stayed there Jan. 2012. Wendy took my reservation and was very helpful. Check in was smooth and the man on duty blocked the door open as a favor as I unloaded my truck. The lobby had a strong smell of cigarette smoke but the non smoking room was as advertised and we slept comfortably. Met Wendy at checkout time and she was still just as nice. There were not many other people there which probably made a difference, but based on this experience when I pass thru Bristol again in few months Motel 6 will be my first choice.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank LARRYSTRIP
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I have stayed at some awful motel 6 but this is a great one. Interior corridor. It's cheap. We have stayed twice. It has wood floors which makes it feel modern.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Ashimyer
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Our truck broke down in Bristol and we were looking for an inexpensive hotel. Thank goodness we found this one. This is by far the nicest Motel 6 that we had ever stayed in. The room was clean and the staff was super friendly and helpful. We are very thankful that the hotel is pet friendly. We love that when it was remodeled that they chose to go with a faux hardwood instead of carpet.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2011

The room looked newly renovated and clean. In the bathroom, there was a hair on the outside of the sink, on the wall above the toilet paper roll and on the toilet paper. The rest of the bathroom looked clean.

When we were ready to go to sleep, we discovered that there were cigarette burns and stains on the bedsheet. The next morning when I started the shower, I noticed several pieces of hair on the inside of the tub. Then I realized that every towel except for one had at least one stain on it.

I'm not sure what to think. The employees are friendly and the rooms are nice and big. I was even willing to overlook the hair in the bathroom, but I just don't understand why there were stains on so many of the towels and the sheets and they thought that would be okay. We are nearing the end of a one-month road trip and this is the first place where I've seen hair in the bathroom or stains. I might give this place another chance if I am ever in the area, but I'm just not sure. I would recommend it to a friend because the price is great and it's definitely not a dump, but I would also mention that it might not be the cleanest place either.

• Stayed: September 2011