“Best sushi in tri cities”

Osaka Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #15 of 92 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$20 - US$100
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Good for: Business meetings
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

This place has legit sushi and you can choose from wide menu variety amd eat on a budget or go all out. Great shrimp tempura rolls! ...........

Reviewed 11 March 2017

The Beef Negimaki Bento box is to die for. Sweet, tender and flavorful. I had no clue as to what Negimaki is until I Googled it on my wife's smartphone while sitting at the table. The shrimp dumplings...wow...they're really good. Perhaps the star of the meal. The service was prompt, attentive and accurate. My wife ordered the Udon Noodles and emptied the plate. My daughter order the Tempura Chicken and complained about them being tasteless until she discovered the soy sauce. The only fault that I can find is that they don't offer a complete description of every dish on their menu. What exactly compromises a "roll". What is "Negimaki"? Osaka is one of those hidden gems for the average Southwestern Virginian. I have no doubt that anything I order will be excellent...but I have no idea what to expect when I look at the menu.

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

First time I thought it too pricey for what we got. Tonight experience better snd just as delicious. The sake bombs were good. Get a couple of beers snd choose the small sake! The bento box a very good deal!! Enjoy

Reviewed 12 February 2017

We eat here regularly when we are in the area and we are here a lot. This is the best Japanese restaurant in the Tri-Cities area. It is always busy which may be why they always have very fresh fish. I always order sashimi and have not had a complaint yet. My wife does not eat raw fish so she orders sushi rolls with cooked ingredients. She is happy with them. We also always get the hamachi kama (tuna jowl) which is the best! the staff is very friendly.

Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

We had a lovely evening there. We ordered a bottle of the Nigori sake, the calamari, the Sunday tartare, a California roll with avocado instead of cucumber, the Last Samurai roll, and the sushi and sashimi plate. Everything was wonderful but my favorite was the Sunday tartare which was located on the specials menu. We sat at the bar and got to watch the sushi being made.