“Just Like a Trattoria in Roma”
Review of Ciao Osteria

Ciao Osteria
Ranked #1 of 121 Restaurants in Centreville
Price range: US$7 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Ciao Osteria is an authentic Italian eatery featuring delicious entrees and Neapolitan wood-fired pizzas made completely from scratch. Our goal is to serve true traditional Italian recipes made with the freshest, most authentic ingredients available, while making sure our guests are treated as family at our table. Chef Antonino believes you should never underestimate the power of a home cooked Sicilian meal. After many, many years of hard work in his kitchen, he decided to share his recipes with us. You can expect only an authentic taste of Sicily when you eat with us at Ciao Osteria. From the moment you walk in our front door, we want you to feel like you are a part of our family.. Buon appetito!
Reviewed 11 March 2018

I love this restaurant! We come here when we have something to celebrate, and we did last night (a mortgage burning). The owner always comes around and chats. The waiters are personable, and they are very flexible on menu items: you can mix and match or invent your own dish-they accommodate you. The centerpiece here is great Italian food and an extensive menu, to include fish, pizza, salads, pasta, steak, whatever. For example, I had lobster raviolis, and a hearts of palm salad.

We were a party of six, and had two bottles of wine (they have a great wine list). I was feeling pretty happy when the check came, so I inserted my credit card, and when the check was not picked up immediately, I balanced the check on my head. A waiter came along and took it. When he returned, he placed the check back on my head. It's that kind of a place. Make reservations early--Ciao fills up quickly.

1  Thank RebelVirginia

Reviewed 8 March 2018

People seem to know that this is one of the best. That's why you have to make reservations whenever you plan to go there. Otherwise you will have a long wait. It is always packed. The food is extremely good.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

We had lunch here and enjoyed it. First the grilled octopus bits garnished with olive oil, capers,baby lettuce, and asparagus bits. We've had grilled octopus in Greece that were so tough we couldn't chew them. These were tender and tasty, and one order is enough for two to share.
Then came a white pizza with arugula and proscuitto. We added artichoke hearts and mushrooms. The pizza was excellent and generously topped
I had a local draft beer and she had a pink lemonade.
They offer a wide range of pizzas.
We'll come back for more, and probably for dinner..

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

They don’t have a gluten free menu but staff is very knowledgeable in what can be modified on the menu. They offer pizza, pasta and some desserts gluten free. I ordered the focaccia and the Romana pizza. Both were very delicious and authentic Italian food.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

We were seated promptly for our 7 pm reservation. Our waiter came by immediately to take our drink orders. We ordered wine and I asked for water. We ordered an oyster appetizer which came out pretty quickly. Still no wine or water. Since the cocktail sauce and horseradish sauce were spicy, I really needed something to drink. I asked for water 3 times. After we had finished the appetizer, my water and the wine finally arrived. We then waited 45 minutes for our entree. Just as I was trying to get the waiter's attention, our dinner arrived. Mine was very good, as was my friend's. My daughter ordered the steak salad - and asked that the steak be cooked rare. It was almost beyond well done. Since we had already waited 45+ minutes for our food, she wouldn't say anything to the waiter. Although this experience was very frustrating, I will try it again.

1  Thank Susan F