“Dirty, smelly, poor housekeeping. The pits.”

Super 8 Charlottesville
Ranked #33 of 37 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Reviewed 3 October 2017

TV not plugged in and had to move furniture to plug it in, central light bulb missing, room needed vacuuming, We just learned that we must read the reviews before approaching a motel. We should have taken the advice of others and gone elsewhere. Had trouble connecting to wi-fi and had to contact a central support office.

Room Tip: Visit the room to smell it before booking.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
fd123, General Manager at Super 8 Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2017

Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your business. I am sorry that you had a bad experience. We know that this hotel is older but we do pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our hotel. We are currently undergoing some major changes and appreciate your helpful comments. We are also working on upgrading all of our rooms. Please reconsider your decision and give us another chance to change your mind. I assure you that we will make every effort to correct all issues.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Inexpensive. Room was clean, very plain. No microwave or frig in room. Very small, one cup coffee pot.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your business. We are currently undergoing some changes and appreciate your helpful comments. We hope that you will come stay with us again.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

I stayed only one night, but I got to my room after work and had purchased a one bed room, I go to the room and there were 2 beds, I didn't think much of it because it was a busy weekend, and figured they had to move people around, so I go in the room to take a nap before I went out that night, the room was very outdated, the nightstand door was broke off and over in the corner, the lamp by the bed didn't work nor did the tv, I went out later that evening and upon returning around 12 that night I go to get in my room and the key didn't work, I went to the desk to be met by a lady who didn't believe that I was in that room because it wasn't the room I was supposed to be in, even though I told her I had been in there earlier and my stuff was in there, after about 20 min I finally get in the room. Check out was 11am so I figured I would sleep in until I had to go to work, around 8:30 in the morning housekeeping was tapping on my door to see if I was still there, I laid back down and about an hour lady I heard them trying to open the door again... never will I stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your business. I am sorry that you had a bad experience. We know that this hotel is older but we do pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our hotel. We are currently undergoing some major changes and appreciate your helpful comments. We are doing our best to fix all issues, improve our front office staffing, upgrade all of our rooms, and ensure that our guests have a great experience. Please reconsider your decision and give us another chance to change your mind. Again I am very sorry that you had a bad experience, please know that we are making every effort to improve our standards and make your hotel experience super.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

our room was clean, but no extras. no microwave, no frig, the smallest coffeepot i have ever seen.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 September 2017

This is a nice hotel and great workers help you with anything you need. They really make you feel at home. My get away spot!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
fd123, General Manager at Super 8 Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2017

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your loyalty and your business. We are very glad to be here for our travelers and strive to make your experience a great one. Thank you again for you kind words and we hope to see you again soon.