Lowest prices for your stay
US$99
Free cancellation until 16/12/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$92
Hotels.com
US$92
PricelineUS$99
TravelocityUS$92
Agoda.comUS$104
1,431 results
All reviews cookies hot breakfast parking lot lobby microwave fireplace
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 October 2020

This is our first visit to the English Inn and we found it pleasant. It was a very good value for the Charlottesville area especially with a hot breakfast that was included. Our king room was very comfortable with an adjoining sitting area with an additional TV, the room also had a full-size refrigerator! The hotel was pretty clean, but it is in need of some updates. There was a nasty stain on our carpet and I noticed there were many dogs in the hotel. I wondered whether the stain was from a dog??? My opinion is a dog should not be in a room with carpet, it should have vinyl flooring. We had an issue with our toilet and it was immediately taken care of. It appeared the hotel was it about 100% capacity as many people were there for a wedding so I’m not sure why they did not have housekeeping available on a busy Saturday.
Overall we had a good stay, not sure if I would stay there again because of the issue with them allowing pets.

Reviewed 21 October 2020

Our room was dirty! In addition, the smell of the chemicals used to clean both the hotel and the room were so overwhelming that it made our family sick. We went to the front desk and told the lady working there of the problems and asked for a refund. She refused saying that our rate was non-refundable. By this point, I was getting ready to throw up from the smell. We packed our things and left. As we walked out and handed our keys to the worker on duty, the lady at the front desk again reminded us that we we would not be given a refund.

Unfortunately, we had booked this room using our credit card points. When we called our credit card company to see if they could help, they had to call the hotel directly and ask for a refund on our behalf. The person they spoke with claimed that we did not notify of them of the problem. Obviously, this is either a known lie, or the lady working the front desk that night did not make a note that we left - thus leaving us no recourse to get a refund.

I would strongly recommend that you book a stay at a different hotel. I can forgive the smell and dirty room, but the lack of customer service pushes me over the edge. They may have kept our money, but I will make sure everyone knows about the conditions and our treatment so that others will not experience what we experienced.

Reviewed 7 October 2020

Hotel room was nice, some stains on the carpet. The full size fridge was great! Great for pets! Very courteous at the front desk, indoor pool was large and the gym was nice! Needs more blankets on the bed, very thin sheet like bedding.

Reviewed 2 October 2020

The English Inn is located in a quiet setting surrounded by a park and local garden, was beautiful to walk around with our dog.
Staff was extremely friendly and professional. Will definitely stay again when in the Charlottesville area.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 27 September 2020

Very much enjoyed my stay. Location is great, rooms are clean and comfortable, staff is exceedingly helpful and friendly, and the theme is charming. Breakfast is decent, although buffet style makes it prone to cooling off a bit fast. Overall, very pleased with my experience!

Date of stay: September 2020