“Old favorites and inventive concoctions!”
Review of Splendora's

Splendora's
Ranked #1 of 26 Dessert in Charlottesville
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

This is a small piece of heaven. Grab a cone or dish and go back outside to walk the Downtown mall. With over 20 flavors, you will surely find a new favorite! I loved the Basil Panna Cotta. My daughter loved her Goat Cheese Honey Fig. And there's always vanilla!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

What can I say. I usually get chocolate and raspberry--two scoops and it is plenty for me. I have have other flavors and they are of equal quality--good. We seem to end up here at the end of the evening for that sweet treat finish.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

Looking for a refreshing cold one before continuing your stroll down the historic mall, stop here and get an gelato or ice cream. You'll be ready to continue your trek. We sat outisde and did a bit of people watching while eating our ice cream.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

I feel torn with this review. But I suppose most importantly, the gelato here is legit. Tastes like Italy. Alot of unique flavors and not horribly pricey. Great location on the downtown mall, and the small size is just right to indulge your sweet tooth with a fantastic dessert. I say 'what a shame' because on Yelp the owner of this restaurant was called out...she was seen at a public store swearing and being rude to people, in front of children. She acknowledged it was true on the review but stated it was justified. That review tainted my full image of this establishment...but I can't lie, the gelato is delicious.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Positioned on the pedestrian walkway, surrounded by restaurants, Splendora's is the perfect stop for dessert. Some of the flavors can be found nowhere else (like birch; yes, the tree), but all of them are the highest quality. The owner is more than happy to offer samples, and a small serving offers plenty to enjoy of two different flavors. She has a pint-of-the-month club that will challenge your tastebuds with unique flavors. A must-stop on the walkway.